Marketing & Communications
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Lead to optimise and grow our presence, across a range of channels. If you like to test, learn, measure, and report - this is the role for you!
As Halter has grown into a scale-up, we're looking for a Marketer to help us execute on various multi-touchpoint initiatives. The Marketing Lead will take ownership of our digital channels and activities; both organic and paid. The ideal candidate for this role has experience running digital marketing for a high-growth business and has a proven track record of achieving key business goals, in particular, qualified lead generation via inbound channels.
We believe that successful marketing campaigns are 20% creative ideas and 80% execution and optimising, therefore a strong background in implementation, reporting, analytics, and using data will be key for any successful applicant. We are looking for a Digital Marketer who won’t stop once a campaign is in the market and move on to the next. We need someone who knows that campaign launch is only the start and who will spend just as much time (if not more) optimising live campaigns as they do developing new ones.
While this is a digital marketing-focused role, we are a small and agile team who work closely together and support each other as needed. That means you will be expected to help out with non-digital activities such as events and PR at times. Therefore, the ideal candidate has a strong passion for and in-depth experience with all things digital marketing, but also has general all-round marketing experience and understands how digital channels fit within a wider marketing strategy.
This will be a fast-paced and demanding role, with exceptional high rewards for the right person. It’s an opportunity to take ownership of a digital marketing programme and put your mark on it. As the company grows, there will be opportunities to take on more responsibility, specialise in certain areas or progress your career in numerous other ways.
What your day could look like
- Own the Digital Marketing strategy and execution, including campaigns, website touchpoints, virtual events, and the ‘offline’ to digital customer journey.
- You’ll own and be accountable for the digital marketing budget
- Report on campaign performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Optimise our digital campaigns based on market, industry, and performance data
- Ensure our digital accounts are kept up to date and to regulation standards
- Website Management & Optimisation - Take ownership of making the Halter website a high-performing lead generation and nurture machine.
- You’ll work collaboratively with the wider team to execute on our big events of the year, and cross-functional campaigns
- This is ultimately a collaborative role in the team, and you’ll get exposure to multiple other marketing initiatives
What we are looking for
- 4+ years of marketing experience.
- 2+ years in a digital marketing-focused role, ideally for a similar high-growth business.
- In-depth understanding of and experience with digital marketing channels, in particular Google Adwords and Facebook.
- Proven track record of optimising websites for lead generation/conversions.
- Proven track record of scaling lead generation via digital marketing channels.
- Proven track record of developing successful end-to-end digital marketing campaigns across SEO, SEM, Social, web, email and more.
- Data-driven approach to marketing with demonstrable experience gathering, analysing and leveraging data to optimise digital campaigns.
- Experience preparing and presenting campaign performance reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to do basic copywriting for digital campaigns.
- You’ll be results-driven, using analytical thinking to extract and prioritise key areas of focus.
- High-degree of ownership and ability to thrive in a demanding and dynamic startup atmosphere
- Understanding of Marketo is advantageous, but not essential. However, experience with at least one advanced marketing platform (e.g. HubSpot, Marketing Cloud, Pardot, etc.) is a must.
- Experience working in a fast-paced tech startup environment is advantageous.
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology start-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow alongside a dynamic, and highly talented team with diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- State of the art, dog-friendly office that’s been thoughtfully designed right in the heart of Auckland city.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels their growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave & unlimited annual leave.
- Importantly, we offer a highly competitive “top of market” remuneration package made up of salary and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!