Fleet Support Specialist (Fixed-Term)
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
About the role
Our operations and customer base is growing in Tasmania. We’re looking for an eager individual to join our fleet team to support the infrastructural set up on farms. This role will support our Fleet, Customer Support and Hardware teams, covering all fleet-related activities for all our customer farms across Tasmania. This is vital to the success of our product, closing the feedback loop between our on-farm activity and our engineering teams in Auckland while providing a world-class service for our customers. This is an excellent opportunity to get a foot in the door and get exposure to one of Australasia's fastest-growing tech companies.
We’re looking for someone who can start relatively immediately. This will be a 6 to 12-month fixed-term contract role.
What your day could look like
- New Deployment Deliveries (not required all the time but Tassie can be slow)
- Faulty collar collection
- Faulty collar initial debug
- Spare management and dispatch/delivery
- Ad-hoc collaring/removal
- On-farm storage management (frequent visits)
- Tower and Collar freight comms with local 3rd parties
- Collar returns - ship back to HQ / IAC or Clean and redeploy
- Support farmer collaring if required
- Other special projects when required
What we’re looking for
- A self-starter with a great work ethic
- Experience with cattle and dairy farming. We're looking for someone who is able to work with our customer's cows.
- Strong time management skills
- Positive attitude and team player
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Someone who has the ability to work alone and in a team environment
- We are in the early stages of building out this team so you’ll be a foundational member of the team
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow alongside a dynamic, and highly talented team with diverse backgrounds.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!