Customer Support Specialist
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Customer Support and working alongside a multi-regional customer success team, your role will be responsible for providing world-class customer support, guidance, and maintaining strong relationships with our customers to ensure their long-term satisfaction with the Halter product.
You will be the first point of contact for our farmers and will provide a variety of both proactive and reactive technical support and training as they navigate utilising our system to the fullest. We have an outstanding, highly talented engineering team who will be available to support your learning of our product.
We are looking for big thinkers who know how to get stuff done. We’re looking for people who are comfortable working in a dynamic environment where they will be challenged on a daily basis. We want people who are obsessed with helping our farmers to be successful. To succeed you will need to be able to learn quickly and utilise your own initiative while working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This role is about two things - supporting Halter’s farmers all the way through the process to make their farms more productive and efficient, and building genuine and lasting relationships with farmers. These objectives are naturally intertwined and the best candidates will be motivated and excited about excelling in both areas.
What your day could look like
- Actively listening to customers, gathering information, and providing personalised solutions to their inquiries.
- Proactively analysing data to offer valuable insights and recommendations to customers.
- Investigating, documenting, escalating, and tracking customer issues using the internal ticket system (Intercom).
- Continuously monitoring and assessing customer sentiment and feedback, addressing issues promptly.
- Learning about our animals and their behaviours.
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of both the hardware and software components that are integral to our product.
- Building deep relationships with our farmers to drive customer success.
- Handling escalated customer issues with a sense of urgency and efficiency to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Actively participating in projects aimed at enhancing the customer journey.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for the customer help centre.
- Collaborating with the product development and engineering teams to convey customer feedback and suggest improvements or new features.
- Being available for on-call work when required.
- Contributing to a variety of exciting projects characteristic of a growth-stage startup.
Who are we looking for
- An ideal candidate has a background in the agricultural sector or a track record of providing exceptional customer support across various industries.
- Candidates enthusiastic about learning and eager to make an impact.
- An interest in technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to provide instructions and guidance.
- Collaboration skills to work with diverse teams, from customer success to engineering and sales.
- A genuine passion for helping customers succeed with technology.
- Analytical mindset, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Evidence-based reasoning and the capacity for autonomous decision-making.
- High degree of ownership and the ability to thrive in a self-motivating, demanding, and dynamic startup environment.
- A sense of humour and the ability to contribute positively to a supportive and cheerful environment.
Why our team loves working at Halter
- Dedicate yourself to solving real-world problems alongside an epic team in a culture designed around growth.
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company. The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up on the global stage.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- State-of-the-art, dog-friendly office that’s been thoughtfully designed right in the heart of Auckland city.
- Healthy body, healthy mind. We’re partnered with Southern Cross Health Insurance to support your well-being.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver leave and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave and unlimited paid annual leave.
- We offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!