Bilingual Virtual Maintenance Technician (English/Spanish)
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
HappyCo is a company where people can grow their careers and work with like minded people, with no egos or politics. HappyCo is values driven and offers a flexible, supportive culture. Join HappyCo and Make Work Happy!
Are you a maintenance technician who is tired of being on their feet all day, responding to “emergencies” and keeping a clean and well-stocked shop? Would you like to be able to use your Spanish-speaking skills daily to assist apartment residents with their minor maintenance and repair needs from the comfort of your own home?
HappyCo’s software enables Happy Force maintenance technicians to assist residents remotely via text, phone and video calls. Happy Force technicians are elevating the maintenance experience for residents in multifamily apartments and houses across the country without having to carry tools around and can work on a flexible schedule that gives them work-life balance.
We’re looking for motivated, experienced, and tech-savvy Bilingual Maintenance Technicians to join our Happy Force team and assist residents remotely. Virtual Maintenance Technicians are no different than on-site maintenance technicians at apartment complexes, other than not being on-site or needing tools. The Remote Technicians must have experience in on-site maintenance and the ability to understand the nature of the issue being reported by the resident. Happy Force remote technicians assist on-site teams by prioritizing issues and providing step by step guidance to assist residents in resolving basic issues arising from everyday living.
This role starts as an hourly position paying $20 - 25/ hour, working with our Happy Force team to resolve on-site maintenance issues remotely on a schedule that works best for you. We have full time shifts available for daytime hours (Mon - Fri: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM) and our After Hours shifts (Mon - Fri: 6:00 PM - 9:00 AM - 2 shifts available) and on weekends and holidays (24 hours - 3 shifts available). Please indicate your availability and preferences in your application. This is also an opportunity to grow your skill set and build a career with HappyCo, moving from contract to full or part-time employment with benefits.
Key Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes
- Contact residents professionally and with exceptional customer service
- Take inbound calls and determine if they are emergencies and wake site staff only if necessary
- Review incoming tickets and assist resident in solving or adding value virtually
- Communicate fixes that are documented in the technician manual
- Communicate fixes that are not documented in the technician manual, then adding fixes to the technician manual
- Order parts to send to residents/properties
- Process tickets through the Happy Force system
- Partake in feedback sessions on product use
- Flexibility and ability to work different shifts as needed
What you could expect day-to-day
- Process incoming work orders through completion
- Triage emergency calls outside of normal business hours
- Communicate and deliver solutions to residents via text, phone and video
- Interact with other Happy Force Technicians and Leads
What we think you need to be successful
- A minimum of 5 years on-site residential maintenance experience
- Fluent verbal and written Spanish language skills
- Basic computer skills, ideally with experience using Zoom and Google Docs or willingness/ adeptness to learn
- A strong understanding of the relationship between residents, property management, and maintenance staff
- Ability to understand and appropriately discern issue types and priority
- Adeptness at troubleshooting and resolving basic maintenance issues quickly
- Ability to communicate professionally via text message and on phone calls in both English and Spanish to serve residents
- An upbeat, outgoing nature with an authentic desire to help others
Keys to optimum happiness at HappyCo
- Willingness to assist others and elevate the resident and site maintenance experience
- Empower teams instead of enforcing standards
- Leverage technology to serve humanity in a way that is accessible to all
- Be a proactive contributor, with a strong growth mindset
- Experience within the multifamily residential property industry
About Happy Force
Our latest offering, Happy Force, is changing the way maintenance services are delivered at multifamily apartments and houses around the country. More about Happy Force here: https://happy.co/products/services/happy-force
Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite 'Happy Property’ has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities! When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo. Learn more about our Product Vision here!
Our HappyCo Culture
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page and our careers page!
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that HappyCo upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. HappyCo is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at HappyCo
Something looks off?