Senior DevOps Engineer - Terraform + AWS
Posted on Thursday, January 5, 2023
𝖶𝗁𝗒 join us?
💙 Do work that matters. We’re pioneering AI technologies that help raise the standard of healthcare for millions of people every day.
🌏 Well-funded and global, backed by world-class investors including Blackbird Ventures, Skip Capital and Horizon Ventures. Raised Australia’s largest Series B ($129m) in 2021.
🌟Work with a bunch of awesome, genuine people who are passionate about what they do.
💻 Flexible and remote-friendly working
🚀Make a real impact. You won’t be another ‘cog in the wheel’ here. We give full trust and autonomy for you to be heard, to work on the big hairy projects – and to make a real difference.
🌱Grow your career with us. We’re big believers in lifelong learning. You’ll be given a $1000 personal L&D budget, access to LinkedIn Learning, plus opportunities for internal mobility to fast-track your career.
🙌 Market-leading parental support including 16 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave and $10,000 support for egg or sperm freezing.
🌈 Do your best work and have fun doing it with unlimited wellbeing leave, monthly meditations, inclusive team events, and lots more!
About your role
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person worldwide. We are achieving this by bringing AI technologies to actual clinical application and making a positive impact on patient care, responsibly and rapidly. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that is shared by our team who shares our values - to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, at harrison.ai we’ve brought together a talented team of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create comprehensive, immediate and personalised products that will positively impact patient lives at scale.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will report to the Head of Software Engineering and work as part of a cross-functional team with software engineers, AI engineers, and clinical experts. You will build and operate high-quality software systems to power our data labelling efforts, improve data processing pipelines, provide controlled API access to our data lake, and manage our various AI model training infrastructure. You will be successful in this role by combining your skills in building production quality software with curiosity and a strong desire to grow in your career and learn new skills.
At harrison.ai we take pride in pushing technical boundaries and finding solutions for often loosely defined problems. While building together you will be part of a team culture that highly values, supports and respects each other. As a team we constantly look to improve upon our practices and processes, with a strong emphasis on introspection, open feedback and continuous improvement.
What you'll do:
- Building and operating the services and APIs that support AI model development and deployment at harrison.ai and its partners. You will work primarily in AWS using services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda Functions, SQS & S3;
- Working effectively in cross-functional squads that include AI Engineers and Clinical experts;
- Effectively communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Keeping across latest trends in infrastructure, dev-ops and data engineering while always looking for opportunities to push the boundaries of performance, accessibility and maintenance; and
- Work within the highly regulated environment of medical device development and sensitive data storage.
- Experience designing and operating software atop Amazon Web Services;
- Experience designing and maintaining infrastructure for large datasets including technologies such as AWS S3, Athena, RedShift, Presto;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies, particularly Terraform;
- Experience with microservice architecture and design, API's, CI/CD and containerisation; and
- Worked previously in cloud / Solutions Architect or Dev-Ops roles.
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing and deploying cloud / on-prem infrastructure;
- Experience in programming in scripting languages such as Python or Bash; and/or
- AWS Solutions Architect certification or similar.
What we’re about
We're problem solvers, redefining what’s possible in healthcare through AI Technology. Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for millions of patients every day.
Yes, we’re a technology company and yes, we’re leveraging the latest AI technologies, but people are at the heart of everything we do.
Since 2019, harrison.ai and its ventures have scaled rapidly to 250 employees worldwide with Series funding of almost $160 million. Our AI software has helped to create more lives through IVF, as well as enabling faster, more accurate diagnosis of medical images via our joint venture annalise.ai. Soon, we’ll be helping with early cancer detection in pathology though our newest joint venture, Franklin.ai.
And we’re just getting started.
A role with harrison.ai means you’ll be a part of our unique joint venture model – giving you access and opportunity to do impactful work across a range of healthcare domains.
Help us shape the future of AI in healthcare. And most importantly, help us make a real difference in people’s lives.
If you’re inspired by what we're up to, please apply now and we'll be in touch soon.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity’s not a buzzword here, it’s in our DNA. Diverse perspectives shape our culture and make our work better. That’s why we’re committed to building inclusive teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills. If you need any reasonable adjustments, accessibility assistance or would like to note which pronouns you use at any stage of our hiring process, just contact us at accommodations: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
See more open positions at harrison.ai
Something looks off?