Staff UX Designer
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2023
A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to reach unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and having a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of the Immutable Platform, the preferred developer platform for building & scaling web3 games on Ethereum, and Immutable Games, a global leader in web3 game development and publishing with leading titles Gods Unchained and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
As a Staff UX Designer at Immutable your role is pivotal in defining the future of Web3 gaming. You will be working with people within the gaming industry (from garage game builders to AAA Studios) to understand their needs, behaviours, pain points and ambitions. You will gather intelligence, create concepts, test and validate to help teams create a robust roadmap for the core of our B2B offering. Your work will be fundamental to Immutable reaching 100 million users, and the intelligence you bring to the problem will be a competitive advantage in the industry.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Surface area: Identify and launch areas of work to drive impact across multiple teams.
- Co-own product strategy and be the sole owner of UX Strategy
- Create workflows, diagrams and designs to illustrate the user’s journey through the experience
- Communicate design purposes and facilitate team’s empathy for our customers’ needs
- Own and drive experience quality (with metrics) and actively drive product iteration
- Teach and mentor others at a best-in-class level across multiple areas of product design
We would love you to have:
- Extensive experience as a UX/Product Designer for digital products, ideally in startup environments or innovation sectors
- Ability to take a product from zero to one - creating value in situations where neither the problem nor the solution is known
- Quality of work is exemplary in two or more design excellence dimensions. E.g. Interaction design and UX research
- Ability to tackle areas of high ambiguity, complexity and impact that deal with the interaction of multiple tools and user types and which create a system-level experience.
- Superb statecraft: the ability to collaborate and communicate in dynamic environments, influencing others and facilitating a path to an outcome via negotiation (including the ability to make strategic design trade-offs)
- Interest in highly-technical systems, consumer marketplaces, or platforms/SaaS products
- Experience with end-to-end product development
- A digital portfolio showcasing your design approach to solving a problem
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!