Customer Experience Specialist
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Committed to making a difference, InDebted was founded to change the world of consumer debt recovery for good. We're disrupting a broken industry and creating a better way for businesses to recover debt - where the customer comes first.
We’re a global, digital-first, and customer-obsessed team of over 200 people, living and working across 11 different countries.
And we’ve also recently been named the AFR BOSS Best Place to Work! By focusing on the happiness and well-being of our people, we’ve created a truly flexible, purpose-driven, and engaging workplace. We’re all here with one shared vision - to remove barriers to financial freedom for all people.
About the Role
Our Customer function is inherently customer obsessed and is accountable for providing a remarkable customer experience that is critical to the growth of the business. As part of this team, our Customer Experience specialists ensure a positive end-to-end customer journey to promote loyalty, customer retention, and brand advocacy.
Summary Description: As a Customer Experience Specialist you will deliver an unmatched experience to customers who are taking a first step on their path to financial fitness by resolving past due accounts. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, see challenges as opportunities to innovate, are motivated by the chance to help change the world of debt recovery for good, and delight in the growth and success of your team and the adulation of your customers, then this is the perfect fit for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact clearly and concisely with customers with the aim of providing a world-class Customer Experience experience.
- This role will interact with customers primarily through inbound digital and voice channels including live chat, email, SMS and phone calls, so strong written and verbal skills are required.
- Engage with customers to negotiate and resolve past due balances,
- Analyze customers’ concerns to understand why they are reaching out to us. Be able to acknowledge customers' concerns, clarify the issue, determine the cause of the problem, select and explain the best solution and, if necessary, follow up to ensure resolution.
- Recommend potential process or technology improvements to internal InDebted teams based on daily interactions with customers,
- Meet and exceed scorecard targets; and
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work from our Las Vegas office up to 5 days a week
- Experience working over the phone with customers in the debt collection space
- Self-motivated and resourceful - You should possess critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide the highest level of service to customers,
- Highly dependable and flexible.
- A high level of proficiency with utilizing web-based tools to interact with customers and document steps taken,
- Ability to successfully multitask and interact with up to 5 different customers simultaneously through various digital channels
Nice to have:
- Fluent in writing, listening and speaking Spanish
- Familiarity with debt collection regulations in the United States; and
- Exposure to a high growth startup environment
What Does Success Look Like in the First 90 Days:
- Passed our hands-on onboarding and training program with flying colors
- Participated in our Newbie week program, meeting the rest of your new team and the company that is helping to change the world of debt recovery for good
- Helped thousands of customers on their debt free journey, using your deep understanding of our product and their situation to help reach the best outcome
- Wow’d a customer to earn your first (of many) 5* Google Reviews, living our inherently customer obsessed value
- Identified a process that we can improve, living our bias for action value
- Helped out a team-mate on something tricky, living our we before me value
- Shared a skill or tip with the team to help everyone improve, living our fuel the rocket, enjoy the journey value
- Collaborated with our sidekicks (a.k.a. other departments) to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Regularly achieved 90+ on our quality scorecards, demonstrating how you easily you can help customers on their debt free journey and follow regulations with your eyes closed
At InDebted, you get a lot more than just a highly rewarding and exciting career. We also offer:
Work wherever - We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, or a bit of both, or see where the role takes you
Employee equity - Access to share options in something big
Flexible paid leave - We offer a trust-based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
Uprise - Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.