Lead DevOps Automation Engineer
Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 28 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
We are on the search for a Lead DevOps Automation Engineer to join our team in the Sydney / Canberra offices. The Lead DevOps Automation Engineer will lead the devops practices in Karbon.
About this role
You will be the technical leader of our DevOps group and you will be designing and developing CI/CD pipelines, automating software builds, and providing infrastructure as code. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for designing, building, and optimizing automation systems that help to execute business web and data infrastructure platforms.
- Working closely with the Engineering and Product teams to assist in implementing solutions and solving problems.
- Developing cloud-based infrastructure using DevSecOps tools and processes and managing/maintaining the availability of the infrastructure and products
- Ensuring that our tools and processes produce complete and healthy software packages, binaries, and artifacts.
- Building and maintaining monitoring tools
- Monitoring security and performance of the infrastructure
- Developing and monitoring the application of policies and procedures to ensure information security.
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure via IaC, automation, CI/CD, orchestration, etc.
- Designing infrastructure architecture and building/implementing solutions, optimizing for cost and efficiency.
- Coordinating compliance audits and reports including SOC 2.
- Monitoring and fulfilling Access Management requests.
- IT operations duties such as monitoring, backup, disaster recovery, and environment management.
Candidates with the following characteristics and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Deep understanding of DevOps practices, infrastructure skills, and fundamentals (Windows, Linux, DNS, TCP/IP, etc.).
- Expert understanding of Azure.
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile methodology practices and concepts based on Scrum.
- Deep understanding of:
- CI/CD pipeline development
- Deployment Orchestration with Kubernetes
- Code repository management using Git
- Automation using scripting tools
- Machine management in Azure and AWS
- Infrastructure as Code using ARM templates, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Familiarity with High-Availability application architecture, Web application architecture, Microservice architecture, etc.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving and solution design.
- Knowledge of MS .Net development stack, network security (pentesting, firewalling, IPS) and security compliance a plus.
Perks and benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible Hybrid work arrangement
- Commuter and work from home benefits
- Karbon Social FunClub
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 5 extra "Karbon Days" off a year
- Up to 10 wellness days off a year, because you don't need to be sick to have a day off!
- Generous parental leave
- Learning, growth and development program
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people to share our brand, values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
We embrace and welcome you to bring your authentic self and we believe in being good to each other. If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Something looks off?