Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 28 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
About the role:
Karbon is looking for a Lead Accountant with experience in a dynamic and high growth environment to own the general ledger accounting procedures within the global accounting function as the company accelerates through its next phase of growth. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Lead Accountant will be responsible for managing day to day general accounting deliverables, oversee accounts payable processes and will take a leading role in both the month-end close and in supporting improvements to financial reporting systems, processes and workflows that will allow Karbon to grow to $100M+ in ARR.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct daily accounting activities, including the review and preparation of transactions related to accounts receivable, cash and bank, payroll, expense reports, sales tax, accruals and monthly close journals for five global subsidiaries
- Monitor global AP email and review global vendor invoices for proper coding and allocation; support timely payment processing; support vendor onboarding to Xero and/or Bill.com
- Lead contributor for the monthly close, consolidation and financial reporting processes and procedures, including preparation of account reconciliations and ensuring journal adjustments are properly supported and documented
- Key contributor to finance systems and billing systems improvements, upgrades and implementations
- Leverage expertise to identify improvements that impact efficiency, scalability and internal controls within general accounting and procure-to-pay workstreams
- Support the development of accounting policies and provide accounting guidance to key stakeholders
- Work closely with Senior Revenue Accountant to support accurate revenue recognition in each period
- Act as a liaison with external auditors
- Support and train team members as required by Corporate Controller
- Work closely with other finance team members and cross-functional departments, such as Sales, FP&A, IT and Product teams as needed to support the above deliverables
What we'd love to see:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, including progressive experience with a multinational technology company
- Curious and critical thinker
- Strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Xero preferred
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify and/or Airwallex preferred
- International experience is a plus, including payroll and VAT/GST
- Experience with data mining and troubleshooting data feeds and/or reconciling transactional data at volume
- Flexible to meeting changing priorities and ability to prioritize workload to achieve on-time and accurate results
- Detailed-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
What attributes we value:
- Desire to learn and grow
- Passion for action - get it done attitude
- Team-oriented attitude, you derive joy from seeing others succeed
- Enthusiasm for, and interest in, how technology impacts the physical world we live in
- Sense of curiosity and challenge the status quo
Why join us at Karbon?
- 401(k) program with employer matching
- Paid medical benefits for you and eligible spouse and dependents
- Paid dental and vision coverage
- Flexible time off policy
- Working from home allowance
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible hybrid work arrangement
- Work with (and learn from) an experienced, high-performing team
- Be part of a fast-growing company that firmly believes in promoting high performers from within
- A collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity, invests in development and provides consistent feedback
The salary range for this role is up to $135,000
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people to share our brand, values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
We embrace and welcome you to bring your authentic self and we believe in being good to each other. If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.