Business Development Representative
Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 28 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
Are you a sales professional looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a rapidly growing, award-winning, and well-funded SaaS business that is disrupting a multibillion-dollar industry?
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our high-growth sales team. Reporting to the BDR Manager/ Sales Director, you will play a key role in driving the growth of our company by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities. Your primary responsibility will be to prospect for potential clients, build strong relationships, and convert leads into qualified sales opportunities. The ideal candidate should have a passion for technology, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets. For the right candidate, we will offer a clear promotion track to Account Executive after a set number of qualified opportunities are achieved.
This will be a remote role, but we are looking for suitable candidates within the Chicago area.
We are looking for someone who thrives working independently in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. The ability to multitask, leverage lots of modern software to automate tasks, set and adjust priorities, and be a team player is critical. If you are hungry to learn and enjoy being a part of a high-performance team where authenticity and passion for action are valued, Karbon is your future home.
- Conduct thorough research to identify and qualify potential leads within territory
- Proactively reach out to prospects via cold calling, email campaigns, social media, and other communication channels
- Schedule initial discovery calls for Account Executives
- Meet or exceed assigned daily activity minimums of 80-100 activities per day
- Engage with leads to understand their business needs and challenges, and position our products or services as solutions
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop effective sales strategies and achieve payback period goals
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all sales activities and customer interactions in the CRM system
- Build and nurture strong relationships with prospects and key stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitors, and market conditions to identify new business opportunities
Skills and qualifications
- 1-2 years experience selling a SaaS product to small businesses as a BDM/SDR
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Experience with outbound sales, hunter mentality
- Comfortable working independently in a very fast-paced and tech-savvy environment.
- Strong work ethic, is a self-motivator, and have the results to show for it
- Able to listen to a customer’s challenges and ask questions to understand their needs
- A friendly, but assertive demeanor
- A desire to learn. You are coachable and willing to receive and implement feedback
- Highly organized and methodical in process management
- High level of proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full rights to work in the United States
Bonus points if you have:
- Accounting or Tax industry experience
- Workflow, Accounting, and Project Management software experience
- Startup environment experience
Why work with us?
- Competitive salary with uncapped monthly bonus potential and high quota attainment
- Clear promotion track to Account Executive after achieving meeting set goal
- Opportunity to sell leading platform with highly recognized and valued brand/product offering
- Strong benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, FSA, paid parental leave, work from home stipend and Flexible Time Off
- Work with (and learn from) an experienced, high-performing team
- Be part of a fast-growing company that firmly believes in promoting high performers from within
- A collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity, invests in development and provides consistent feedback
- Additional incentives focused on performance including President’s Club Trip, Rep of Month, Quarter and Year
- OTE for this role at target is $90,000
Please note we are only seeking Chicago based candidates at this time.
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people to share our brand, values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
We embrace and welcome you to bring your authentic self and we believe in being good to each other. If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Something looks off?