Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 28 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
Are you an Engineer looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a rapidly growing, award-winning, and well-funded SaaS business that is disrupting a multibillion-dollar industry?
In this role you will be working within an agile development team to design and build interactive web applications. They are responsible for technical specifications, developing and deploying software.
Overview of Key Responsibilities:
- Develop high-quality, customer-focused software in alignment with Karbon's development standards and best practices.
- Work closely with quality assurance team members to resolve issues raised by testing throughout the development cycle.
- Maintain a current knowledge of development technologies used in the development of Karbon software applications.
- Identify and promote opportunities to extend and enhance the use of these technologies and Karbon development standards.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships both within the development team and in other teams.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Produce robust high quality software, meeting agreed specifications.
- Timely responses and bug fixes to issues identified during development testing and in production support.
- Maintain a good working relationship across teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant industry experience
- Proficiency with C#, SQL Server, and .Net (MVC, WCF, Web API, .Net Core a plus)
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills to work in an international, multi-location team
- Has initiative and a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to take pride and ownership in their work
- Passionate about developing consumer facing software used globally and across industries
Why work at Karbon?
- Gain global experience across USA, New Zealand, UK, and Canada
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 5 extra "Karbon Days" off a year
- Flexible working environment
- Work with (and learn from) an experienced, high-performing team
- Be part of a fast-growing company that firmly believes in promoting high performers from within
- A collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity invests in development and provides consistent feedback
- Generous parental leave
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people to share our brand, values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
We embrace and welcome you to bring your authentic self and we believe in being good to each other. If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
At this time, we request that agency referrals are not submitted for this position. We appreciate your understanding and encourage direct applications from interested candidates. Thank you!