Customer Support Specialist
Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 28 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
Do you enjoy having responsibility for the growth and value delivered to an entire customer base? Are you motivated by working closely with customers solving their workflow and strategy challenges? Do you take pride in helping your customers succeed and constantly looking for opportunities to deliver value?
As a Customer Support Specialist at Karbon, you will support customers in their time of need. You'll function as the crucial link between customers, sales and our product development team. This is a hybrid role based in our Canberra office!
As a Customer Support Specialist you will...
- Provide support to customers in the form of video & technical chat support. Training on the Karbon platform to drive client satisfaction. Ensure that considerable value is realized by the customer on the platform in the first 90 days after sale.
- Drive growth in existing customers after 90 days of the sale by ensuring they are are fully able to use all of Karbon’s functionality by promoting awareness and adoption of the product.
- Increase the participation in free service offerings such as the Getting Started & Onboarding webinar series.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the value proposition of the platform as well as the existing and future needs of the customer.
- Assist, as needed, in the completion of customer-facing activities including updating client data, updating support resources, and updating support videos.
- Solve customers’ problems by building partnerships, driving product/feature adoption, and ensuring customers actualize the value proposition from their investment. Be creative and adaptable in suggesting solutions to clients’ unique problems.
- Accurately identify risk of customer churn and put value-add actions in place to mitigate possible churn. Develop a repeatable process and methodology that can be followed by others as Karbon expands.
- Champion the voice of the customer internally by giving product feedback to Product/Engineering in a effective manner for improvements and road mapping.
- Partner with education and product/customer marketing to produce continually enhanced vertical/industry specific assets that drive customer engagement.
- Partner with internal stakeholders including but not limited to vertical SME’s, technical solutions, sales, people/operations, finance, and legal to ensure operational excellence.
- Help expand our global support team and processes. Curious in the problems that we are present, creative in your approach and ideation, and scientific in your hypothesis testing / fine-tuning / roll-out of your initiatives.
Candidates with following experience are encouraged to apply:
- Customer service – since customer support specialists work directly with customers to solve end-user issues and answer questions, it’s essential that you have strong customer service skills.
- Prior experience with chat / support software–i.e. Intercom/Zendesk. By nature, customer support specialists perform their day-to-day tasks on a computer. You must be able to easily operate a computer, especially in terms of checking and responding utilizing live chat services and software.
- Problem-solving skills – the ability to solve problems is just as integral to a chat agent’s work as solid communication skills. When presented with a problem, chat agents must be able to find a solution calmly and efficiently, even if the customer is impatient or disgruntled
- Have a minimum of 1-3+ years of industry experience in B2B SaaS businesses, accounting professional services, training or education or customer support.
- Have great communication skills to be able to explain complex concepts clearly and efficiently and give consultative advice to help customers grow their performance.
- Have experience/passion for enabling businesses to grow and succeed.
- Ability to learn modern customer enablement SaaS and servicing tools to better understand, manage, and support customers.
- Have professional spoken and written English (fluency in other major languages is a plus but not required).
Perks and benefits:
- Gain global experience across USA, New Zealand, UK, and Canada
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 5 extra "Karbon Days" off a year
- Flexible working environment
- Work with (and learn from) an experienced, high-performing team
- Be part of a fast-growing company that firmly believes in promoting high performers from within
- A collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity invests in development and provides consistent feedback
- Generous parental leave
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people to share our brand, values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
We embrace and welcome you to bring your authentic self and we believe in being good to each other. If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
At this time, we request that agency referrals are not submitted for this position. We appreciate your understanding and encourage direct applications from interested candidates. Thank you!