Senior Front End Engineer
Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 28 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
The role of Senior Front End Engineer is to work with designers, product managers, development leads and architects to develop interactive web applications. They are responsible for technical specifications, developing and deploying software.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
- Assist product owners and designers with the design, prototyping and preparation of software specifications and interaction design for product features.
- Assist with the preparation of test plans for the purpose of quality assurance testing software deliverables.
- Develop robust, high quality software meeting the requirements of the agreed specifications and complying with Karbon formal and informal development standards and procedures.
- Work closely with quality assurance team members to resolve issues raised by testing throughout the development cycle.
- Maintain a current knowledge of development technologies used in the development of Karbon software applications.
- Identify and promote opportunities to extend and enhance the use of these technologies and Karbon development standards.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships both with the development team and the wider organisation.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks assigned.
Key Performance indicators
- Produce robust high quality software meeting agreed specifications.
- Timely responses and bug fixes to issues identified during development testing and in production support.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience as a front end developer
- Experience in developing web based applications, in particular Single Page Applications
- Experience and strong knowledge of the following:
- I18N and accessibility standards for web applications
- Experience with one or more persistence frameworks and good understanding of RESTful protocols
- Knowledge of front end technologies and browser performance optimisation.
- Passionate about software development and building design-lead software using a wide range of internet technologies.
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to take pride and ownership in their work.
- Has initiative and a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
Why work at Karbon?
- Gain global experience across USA, New Zealand, UK, and Canada
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 5 extra "Karbon Days" off a year
- Flexible working environment
- Work with (and learn from) an experienced, high-performing team
- Be part of a fast-growing company that firmly believes in promoting high performers from within
- A collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity invests in development and provides consistent feedback
- Generous parental leave
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people to share our brand, values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
We embrace and welcome you to bring your authentic self and we believe in being good to each other. If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
At this time, we request that agency referrals are not submitted for this position. We appreciate your understanding and encourage direct applications from interested candidates. Thank you!