Product Marketing Manager
Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 34 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
We are looking for an experienced product marketer to join the Karbon team and play a significant role in driving our next phase of growth. You will develop go-to-market strategies, lead the launches of new product features, and build the narrative of Karbon’s product and features across the entire customer lifecycle.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with Product Management, Sales, Customer Success, and the broader Marketing team.
About this role and the work
As our lead product marketer, you'll be working with a product that accountants around the world love. Your job will be to get more of them to love it even more.
This means developing the positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategy for new and existing Karbon features, and delivering sales enablement and internal education to drive demand, adoption, and success of the overall Karbon product and features.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading and driving go-to-market activities for all product launches and feature releases to maximize adoption, drive brand awareness and generate new sales
- Creating concise and compelling enablement collateral for new and existing Karbon offerings to improve close rates of Sales and Success
- Partnering cross-functionally with Sales, Customer, Support and Marketing to ensure all teams are prepared for new feature releases
- Developing product feature messaging architecture, value propositions and messaging that communicates the value of those features, while ensuring it is communicated effectively across the marketing site and other assets
- Conducting competitive, market, and buyer research to ensure positioning and collateral reflect our strengths
- Developing and refining marketing/sales buyer personas
- Creating and coordinating product marketing content including case studies, customer stories, product newsletter, and other content to educate our market and accelerate the journey for prospects down the marketing funnel
- Maintaining intelligence on competition and industry, staying on top of the latest happenings in the accounting space, and providing insights cross-functionally
Ideally, you can work in Sydney or Melbourne (Australia), however for the right person, location doesn’t matter (as long as you’re prepared to work remotely).
You’re the right person for this role if you have:
- 5+ years experience in marketing, product marketing, or product roles (SaaS preferred)
- Knowledge of the accounting industry and/or accounting technology ecosystem, or if not, a willingness to get to know this industry inside and out
- The skills to make announcements feel BIG
- A knack for finding interesting ways to take a new feature to market to give it the recognition it deserves
- The ability to work across different teams and functions
- An ability to look at data, numbers, customer research and qualitative data, and use it to understand what’s happening and what people need
- Content and copy skills — you’re great with words, you can get a point across in a succinct and concise manner, you can channel the voice of the customer and adapt to write for different audiences, and are confident tackling resources, assets, webinars, demos, briefs, and other types of info for both the internal team and our customers
- You love working with technology. We use an unusually large number of apps and tools to get our work done
Bonus points if:
- You have SaaS, accounting, or Tax industry experience
- Scaleup environment experience
Perks and benefits
- Global exposure across USA, New Zealand, UK, and Canada
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 5 extra "Karbon Days" off a year
- Flexible working environment
- Work with (and learn from) an experienced, high-performing team
- Be part of a fast-growing company that firmly believes in promoting high performers from within
- A collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity, invests in development, and provides consistent feedback
- Generous parental leave
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people that align with values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
At this time, we request that agency referrals are not submitted for this position. We appreciate your understanding and encourage direct applications from interested candidates. Thank you!