Software Support Engineer
Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 34 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
About this role
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively monitoring production environments and taking corrective actions
- Working with Customer Success and Support teams to address issues raised by customers or notifying the development team when required
- Database administration, automation, performance tuning, and doing data fixes when necessary
- Performing data extraction at the request of customers or internal stakeholders
- Providing targeted solutions for specific client problems by working with the specified product team.
- Creating and maintaining documentation, and responding effectively to customer tickets
- Executing Data and Dev Ops projects alongside business-as-usual tasks.
We are looking for software engineers with the following skills:
- .Net Experience specifically around investigating .Net exceptions.
- Strong relational database knowledge – preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- Application support experience (or clear capability to work in a application support role) with excellent communication skills
- Platform monitoring or system administration skills with a focus on automation
- Familiarity with Microsoft tech stack
- Strong customer-focus and dedication
- Ability to clearly explain and document issues
- Analytical thinking, with abilities to multitask and prioritize
- Keen interest in learning and adopting new technology
- Overall a good team player who brings passion
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people that align with values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
At this time, we request that agency referrals are not submitted for this position. We appreciate your understanding and encourage direct applications from interested candidates. Thank you!