Senior Bot Hunter (West Coast USA)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2022
Join us in stopping bad bots, for good! Kasada protects millions of online users everyday. Founded to stop automated bot attacks, we believe the internet should be a safe place for everyone. Bad bots are highly destructive. They take over accounts, steal content, overload systems and infrastructure and cause billions of dollars in damages every year. Seeking to restore trust in the internet, Kasada stops bots at the very first request including those that have never been seen before.
We’ve grown from a few friends working out of a shipping container under the Sydney Harbour Bridge to now operating globally, we’re spread across the world protecting some of the most well-known brands on the face of the earth.
We’re an innately curious team that’s not afraid to bring bold ideas to create better ways of solving problems. We’re looking for people who are passionate about solving some of the most difficult and pressing cybersecurity issues, while having fun doing it!
We are building out our global Security Engineering team and looking for a Senior Bot Hunter to join us. Our business is designed to defeat bots and the Security Engineering team is a core part of this vision.
We are looking for an experienced security professional to help mature and expand our detection management and incident response capabilities. You will enhance our anti-bot response function and associated tooling while also liaising with other internal teams and customers.
Although this is a fully remote role most of the Security Engineering team is based in Australia (although we have over 20 Kasadians based in the US along with our Founder Sam). As such to make timezones as favourable as possible this person must be based on the West Coast of the US or operating on a PDT time zone.
The Security Engineering Team at Kasada is responsible for detecting and hunting sophisticated automated adversaries using cutting edge technology. The team leverages their skills to proactively and reactively respond to these threats, and construct novel solutions for dealing with them. We also work hand in hand with the product and engineering team to contribute core detections and advise on uplifting features and capabilities.
Day to day you will:
- Investigate & analyse botting attacks against our customers websites, mobile apps, and API endpoints
- Detect, respond, and remediate bots bypassing defences
- Conduct large scale historical analysis of customer / bot traffic patterns
- Work with the Customer Support team to deliver analysis of botting threats to customers on demand
- Delve into the mind of the botters and work hand-in-hand with the Kasada Threat Intelligence team to identify, track, and profile botting adversaries
- Design, develop, & deploy custom tooling & infrastructure in AWS to support defensive operationsInterface with our US clients directly as a point of escalation as required
- Partner with our global teams (including customer support, success, presales engineering, and product engineering) to support our product and customers
What you bring:
- Demonstrated experience with web-based technologies (websites, API's, etc)
- Ability to use common SIEM and log/data querying tools such as Splunk and SQL
- An analytical and data-driven mindset and make evidence based decisions
- Hands-on experience dealing with security and/or technology incidents
- Familiarity with AWS (or other large Cloud vendors) and 3rd party SaaS services and how to operate in these environments
- Familiarity with computer and network security concepts
- A proven ability to effectively work across various teams and disciplines demonstrating adaptability in rapidly evolving, highly novel, and cutting edge settings
- Experience working on or organising technology projects of any size
- Experience in projects involving browser automation a plus
The Benefits of being a Kasadian
We want to ensure Kasada remains a great place to work and a place to do great work. It's important to us to build an inclusive environment where you can realize your full potential. We are a highly collaborative team regardless of location, placing a strong emphasis on our core values; and we have designed our benefits package so you can thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A stake in Kasada’s global success with equity/stock options
- Flexible working hours and arrangements - Create a schedule that suits you
- Support for growing families - Generous parental leave allowances and return to work coaching
- Resources for well-being to support your growth including our EAP - confidential counselling for you and your loved ones
- An action packed calendar of fun in-person and virtual events
Sound interesting? What’s next?
Hit the apply button and one of our team will set up an exploratory, confidential discussion. We have designed our hiring process to be streamlined and thorough so everyone can make the right call on whether it is the right move for you. We are an inclusive team and this extends to all candidates that interview with us. Interviews are conducted virtually however if you want to come onsite - just ask! When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process, we want to ensure you are set up for success in every conversation.
Still with us? Just a little bit more…
Research shows that women and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they check every box. We’re always keen to broaden our perspective, so if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch, we'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to the team!
See more open positions at Kasada
Something looks off?