Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Join us in stopping bad bots, for good! Kasada protects millions of online users everyday. Founded to stop automated bot attacks, we believe the internet should be a safe place for everyone. Bad bots are highly destructive. They take over accounts, steal content, overload systems and infrastructure and cause billions of dollars in damages every year. Seeking to restore trust in the internet, Kasada stops bots at the very first request including those that have never been seen before.
We’ve grown from a few friends working out of a shipping container under the Sydney Harbour Bridge to now operating globally, we’re spread across the world protecting some of the most well-known brands on the face of the earth.
We’re an innately curious team that’s not afraid to bring bold ideas to create better ways of solving problems. We’re looking for people who are passionate about solving some of the most difficult and pressing cybersecurity issues, while having fun doing it!
This isn’t your ordinary Senior Product Marketing role, and Kasada is not your typical cybersecurity business. You’ll be the first product marketer at Kasada and be empowered to make a huge impact in how we take our product to market and report directly into our CMO. In doing so, you will help grow our business and expand our product’s protections to hundreds of millions more people.
You will be the glue that binds our product strategy to the go-to-market execution we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be a product evangelist and play an integral role in organizing product launches, positioning against competitors, developing innovative programs that drive demand, and articulating how we solve our buyers’ problems.
This role will be primarily based from home, in order to connect with the team in person you will be located close to Boston MA.
Day to day you will;
- Understand and support our sales channels; train sales and channel partners on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Understand and provide quarterly updates to the CMO on the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition, how they are positioned, and develop effective tools that position against them with impact
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how and where they do their buying research both online and in-person.
- Work closely with our media and analyst relations team to develop effective content and briefings that advance our thought leadership, industry influencers, and online content.
- Attend special sales calls to capture customer value, present roadmap and receive feedback, and identify potential new product adjacencies. Share your findings with product management and marketing teams.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including written content and speaking engagements.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team to acquire new customers - addressed by use case, industry, and geography.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
What you bring
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research); cybersecurity experience is highly desired.
- An innate ability to translate technology into business value
- Technical acumen that enables you to market towards our technical buyers
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working.
- Comfortable using collaboration, CRM and automation tools such as Slack and Hubspot.
- Expertise driving social media engagement including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Must be an effective, clear writer and confident public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline; MBA preferred.
- Completion of a product marketing certification preferred.
The Benefits of being a Kasadian
We want to ensure Kasada remains a great place to work and a place to do great work. It's important to us to build an inclusive environment where you can realize your full potential. We are a highly collaborative team regardless of location, placing a strong emphasis on our core values; and we have designed our benefits package so you can thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A stake in Kasada’s global success with equity/stock options
- Flexible working hours and arrangements - Create a schedule that suits you
- Support for growing families - Generous parental leave allowances and return to work coaching
- Resources for well-being to support your growth including our EAP - confidential counselling for you and your loved ones
- An action packed calendar of fun in-person and virtual events
Sound interesting? What’s next?
Hit the apply button and one of our team will set up an exploratory, confidential discussion. We have designed our hiring process to be streamlined and thorough so everyone can make the right call on whether it is the right move for you. We are an inclusive team and this extends to all candidates that interview with us. Interviews are conducted virtually however if you want to come onsite - just ask! When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process, we want to ensure you are set up for success in every conversation.
Still with us? Just a little bit more…
Research shows that women and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they check every box. We’re always keen to broaden our perspective, so if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch, we'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to the team!
Please note: Kasada is an e-verify employer (US based applicants only)