Senior Commercial Lawyer (5yrs + PQE)
About the company
Lawpath is Australia’s largest online legal platform for small businesses, disrupting a $100B industry and shaping the future of legal services. Here at Lawpath, you will work alongside a team living by our values of Empathy, Transparency, Trust, Initiative and Fun! By making legal services more accessible and affordable, we’re helping to create a future with greater opportunities for everyone.
With multiple awards in our pockets (including the Deloitte Fast 50 for 2020), Lawpath has regularly been listed as one of Australia’s fastest growing startups to watch. We use technology to make legals faster, simpler and more cost-effective. We’ve helped over 300,000 businesses save in excess of $100m in legal fees!
We’re looking for a 5+ year PQE lawyer to join the Lawpath team. You will work with Lawpath's clients to provide commercial advice, review and legal drafting services. You will advise startups and small/medium businesses on general commercial matters such as business formation and structuring, shareholders agreements, capital raising, business terms, service and supply contracts, general IP issues, distribution and technology contracts and much more. You will work in a fast-paced environment and be able to juggle multiple clients and files at once. Most importantly, you will be able to adapt and grow in a startup environment and help build the practice areas of the firm. You will be supervised and supported by a principal solicitor and work amongst a team of entrepreneurial lawyers.
- Provide general commercial legal advice and drafting to small and medium businesses and startups;
- Conduct one on one client consultations providing legal advice and guidance;
- Own the client relationships and be in charge of building the value of those relationships;
- Work closely with the marketing and product teams to develop new products/services; and
- Clear record keeping via CRM and internal systems.
- Experienced: At least 5 years experience as a commercial lawyer;
- Startup focussed: Interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation;
- Commercial: Business acumen; understanding of SMBs and the legal issues they face;
- Autonomous: Can work unsupervised and solve problems on the run;
- Adaptable: Wants to work in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment;
- Enthusiastic: Loves assisting clients and making them happy every time.
Our benefits are designed to help everyone enjoy a fulfilling, productive and balanced life in & out of work. Find out more at: http://bit.ly/3QLA5uO
Some of our benefits include:
- Successful business fuelled by innovation, respect and passion
- Employee Share Option Plan
- Lawpath Career Framework
- Flexible working and WFH
- Annual Learning Stipend
- Mentoring Program
- 8-week and 2-week paid Parental Leave
- Culture of transparency
- 2 days of paid Volunteering Leave.
- Culture Calendar
- Funky office in Surry Hills
Lawpath celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing and sociable company in an exciting new industry. Please apply with your CV. You need to have full legal working rights to work in Australia to be considered for this position.