Junior Data Engineer
About the role
A day in the life of a Junior Data Engineer involves working with vast data sets and using our experience to turn often messy, inconsistent, infrequent and unstructured data into polished, accurate, and unified data assets in Lexer's Customer Data Platform.
We develop our software in-house, this role will join the team that are operating and at more senior levels developing the products data capabilities.
What is the role?
You will have a unique opportunity to work on diverse 1st party datasets from some of Australia's biggest companies such as BMW, THE ICONIC, Optus and RipCurl, exposing you to interesting and challenging problems daily. Our pipeline design is always evolving, we're looking for the sharpest minds to help us innovate and find efficiencies as we scale.
What we're looking for?
- Consider the role of a single data point in terabytes of data
- You can anticipate the future and historical complexities of streaming data.
- You are a good time and project manager, who can plan workloads and deliver to tight timelines.
- You are a quality communicator who can explain project progress and challenges.
- Being a member of our team and delivering on your word is essential.
- Lexer is a learning environment, every day represents a new challenge.
- Uncompromising pride in self and work.
- Oversee tasks from start to finish.
- You will communicate complex ideas and data sets in easy to understand ways.
For this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with a focus on statistics, computer science or software engineering.
- Some knowledge of the technologies we work with such as Databricks, Delta Lake, AWS and ElasticSearch.
- Competency with PySpark, Python, and SQL.
- Highly favourable experience - deploying Object-Oriented Data Pipelines and PySpark experience.
- Other desirable skills include JSON / API's, GitHub, BASH, and BuildKit
- Daily Trivia, Social Events & a Dog Friendly space
- We value work-life balance & flexible working. New Lexis receive a signing bonus - To set up your home office.
- Fully renovated office, close to Public Transport and full of Lego.
Lexer helps brands and retailers drive incremental sales.
We do this by providing data, software and services that deliver an enriched customer view and all the tools required to genuinely understand and engage with customers at every stage of their journey, online and offline.
With extensive, cross-functional experience in retail, technology, and advertising, our team has the talent and insight to build innovative products and provide exceptional service with a human touch.
We value team members who are:
🤓 Sharp 👯♀️ Dependable 💪 Proactive 📈 High-value ❤️ Caring 👩🎤 Playful
We are a private Australian founded company with a team of 110+ across Melbourne, Sydney, Los Angeles, New York, Vietnam and Singapore working with about 200+ brands in Australia, Asia and the USA.
We're growing fast, so reach out soon to join our values-driven, life-friendly team for the opportunity to do your best work.
Lexer is an equal opportunity employer
At Lexer, we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We don't just accept difference, we love and celebrate it.We make hiring and employment-related decisions based on a person's experience, qualifications, performance and passion.
We celebrate all cultures, linguistic backgrounds, abilities, races, genders, sexual orientations, as well as family and carer responsibilities. We do not discriminate against any candidate or employee for these reasons, or for any other reason protected by law.
We encourage all applicants to apply, including those seeking flexible working options. We will consider requests for flexible work options wherever reasonably possible.
Something looks off?