About the role
As the Lead Engineer, you’ll actively coach, mentor, and grow engineers. Empowering your team to make decisions for themselves so that they can balance Client, technology, product, and delivery outcomes, aligned with objectives, with clear service level agreements in place for the workflows and systems you own, with a focus on continuous delivery, fast feedback, and automation
You will partner with Delivery Leads and Solutions Architects to contribute to Client strategy, solution design, delivery, and operations. Supporting your team to deliver high-quality solutions that show a deep understanding of how our products help Clients achieve their goals.
What we are looking for
- You have experience as a technical leader for one or more teams, setting standards for coding, delivery, and design
- Experience implementing continuous delivery, agile, and lean practices with engineering teams
- Experience using AWS, Databricks, PySpark, Python, SQL, Buildkite, Cloudwatch
- Demonstrated experience in driving continual improvement of the product development lifecycle, ensuring there is strong alignment to business outcomes
- Developing and managing requirements, and making data-driven decisions
- Led teams through the full life-cycle of building, maintaining, and supporting a system for the long term.
- Experience implementing modern software engineering practices, including automated testing and continuous delivery.
- Leading strategic implementation and planning for risk and growth.
In this role you will
Align the roadmap with underlying strategic technical projects, technical challenges, and long-term engineering and infrastructure objectives. To ensure the solutions we build are delivered successfully to Clients and enable ongoing evolution and scale.
You will help people develop, and grow and how they work collectively. Build a high-caliber team that delivers on their promises through a culture of accountability, Client centricity, and focus on value.
Work with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and other teams to plan, iterate, ship, operate, and successfully achieve Client solution outcomes. Design and iterate the practices to do this.
Use key delivery and operational metrics to identify opportunities for improvement. Implementing and adhering to SLAs and that compliance obligations are met.
- Top-of-the-range tech updated every 2 years, & a monthly connectivity allowance for all Lexis
- We value work-life balance & flexible working. New Lexis receive a signing bonus - To set up your home office
- Dog-friendly office - Bring your pup to work. Don’t have one, cuddle someone else's!
Lexer helps brands and retailers drive incremental sales.
We do this by providing data, software and services that deliver an enriched customer view and all the tools required to genuinely understand and engage with customers at every stage of their journey, online and offline.
With extensive, cross-functional experience in retail, technology, and advertising, our team has the talent and insight to build innovative products and provide exceptional service with a human touch.
We value team members who are:
🤓 Sharp 👯♀️ Dependable 💪 Proactive 📈 High-value ❤️ Caring 👩🎤 Playful
We are a private Australian founded company with a team of 110+ across Melbourne, Sydney, Los Angeles, New York, Vietnam and Singapore working with about 200+ brands in Australia, Asia and the USA.
We're growing fast, so reach out soon to join our values-driven, life-friendly team for the opportunity to do your best work.
Lexer is an equal opportunity employer
At Lexer, we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We don't just accept difference, we love and celebrate it.We make hiring and employment-related decisions based on a person's experience, qualifications, performance and passion.
We celebrate all cultures, linguistic backgrounds, abilities, races, genders, sexual orientations, as well as family and carer responsibilities. We do not discriminate against any candidate or employee for these reasons, or for any other reason protected by law.
We encourage all applicants to apply, including those seeking flexible working options. We will consider requests for flexible work options wherever reasonably possible.