San Francisco Bay Area Investment Director
Lighter Capital is the pioneering leader in founder-friendly, non-dilutive financing. Since 2010, we have provided hundreds of millions in funding to over 500 US, Canadian, and Australian tech companies. Our tech-enabled financing features no hidden fees, equity, warrants, or covenant requirements, allowing founders to achieve success on their terms.
We are a remote-first company with operations in the US and Australia. We are venture backed by prominent investors including Silicon Valley Bank, National Australia Bank, Credit Suisse, and Voyager Capital. Our passion for helping tech startups, entrepreneurs, and founders in their journey toward growth and success guides our values and decision-making. We believe it’s a privilege to be an integral part of their success.
If you have a passion for startups, venture capital, and fintech, join our team and be part of something incredible!
We are currently hiring for a San Fran-based Director to join our Investment Team. Our Directors are the outside sales team for Lighter Capital, focused on developing, managing, and executing new investments into technology businesses seeking growth capital. In this role, you have an amazing opportunity to work with early stage tech founders in helping them identify a funding structure that fits their unique financing needs.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Lead the sourcing and execution of investments into expansion stage technology companies for Lighter Capital
- 4+ years of business development/sales experience, preferably in financial services, venture capital, investment banking, corporate lending and/or a unique background that connects startups, financing, and business development
- Act as industry expert with a deep knowledge of the startup fundraising process and ecosystem (angel, venture capital, etc.). Strong network of VC and tech banking relationships is a plus
- Basic understanding of financial statements including the ability to analyze income statements, balance sheets and statement of cash flows
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage an active pipeline of investment opportunities
- Passionate about startups with a genuine desire to help entrepreneurs successfully grow their business
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills with the CEO and CFO of expanding start-up technology companies
- Proven track record of being a top performer in a high volume sales environment
- Knowledge of sales tools, including: Salesforce, Outreach, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Just like each customer is unique, so is each person, and Lighter Capital is committed to creating an environment where everyone can belong and thrive. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.