Business Development Manager
We’re on the lookout for a passionate Business Development Manager to join our team at Like Family to drive new business and partnerships. Working closely with our growth team you will own the full sales process from prospecting to qualifying leads and delivering on opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a BDM who wants to spread our mission to increase social connection, to get out into the community to advocate for and grow our impact across NSW, Victoria and Queensland.
A bit about us
We’re a high growth tech company solving social isolation and loneliness. By providing affordable non-medical social care services we build genuine relationships that boost confidence, increase independence and empowerment, and improve health and wellbeing. It’s an incredibly interesting and massive global problem that is unaddressed and under-serviced. This is an opportunity to work at a unique and innovative fast-growing tech startup as we scale. As a for profit and for purpose business we are a small passionate team that is lean and efficient, and you will have a big impact on our product and team.
Our high performing, innovative team have shared in successes like:
- #4 fastest growing tech companies in Australia in the 2019 Deloitte APAC Fast 500.
- Voted Best Social Impact Startup at Startcon in 2018. The bigger Like Family grows, the more people we impact!
- Work with a team of leaders from OFX, Uber, Ola, Ninemsn and more!
What you will be doing:
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with the senior leadership team to prioritise and convert the prospect list. You will also work collaboratively with the marketing, team and customer teams to improve conversion throughout the sales funnel.
- You will own the prospect pipeline, in line with the growth strategy. Researching and sourcing opportunities, identifying decision makers, qualifying in/out leads, turning prospects into leads, developing relationships and executing new engagements.
- Create pitches in collaboration with the growth team - targeted assets and messaging for events, proposals, pitches and presentations
- Execute on win plans to deliver new engagements in line with targets
- Build our brand by developing strong relationships with industry and strategic partners
- Attend key networking, industry and community events to understand, engage and build new business opportunities
- Provide feedback, industry insights and trends to the improve the customer experience
- Maintain CRM to review and evaluate progress and targets based on data and results
- Update and maintain forecasts
- Use your industry insight and customer knowledge to identify opportunities and contribute to the growth strategy.
Who are you:
- You are deeply passionate about our mission, with personality plus and loves to/is able to build relationships with anyone and everyone from the barista at your local cafe to your friend's mum to high level executives.
- You have a network and experience building relationships with senior decision makers and C-suite roles in the disability, aged care and community industry.
- Over 3 years experience in business development, sales, customer success with a strong track record of hitting or exceeding targets
- You are a great communicator, influencer and story teller, both written and verbal and are able to confidently and charismatically deliver pitches and presentations both prepared and off the cuff.
- You have a positive attitude and are highly self motivated and results driven
- You are a people person and team player who is able to work collaboratively and effectively with your team and others towards a shared goal
- You love efficiency and are constantly improving processes and using technology to be more effective
- You thrive in a fast paced-environment and are eager to hustle and learn and continuously develop your skills
What's on offer?
- Base salary plus OTC
- You will have a big impact in our company and the growth team
- Mission driven company where you can make a difference to thousands of people in the community.
Life with Like Family
Like Family is an equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity, and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as people with lived experience of disability to apply for our positions.
We recognise the balance between life and work can be hard to strike, and that you’ve got goals and aspirations you’re working towards. At Like Family, we’re passionate about helping you achieve all of life’s successes through a variety of benefits and programs. Some of the highlights include:
- A hybrid work environment, with space located at the vibrant WeWork on 383 George Street, Sydney.
- Loyalty Leave – additional leave day for each anniversary you reach with us
- A comprehensive performance framework, resulting in bespoke learning and development plans for each team member.
- Individual learning and development allowance, supplemented by professional development days to support your career growth
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Employer funded parental leave scheme
Something looks off?