Chief Marketing Officer (Maternity Cover - 13 months)
Love To Dream
- Market-leading and award-winning Australian company
- Global e-Commerce business, scaling up for significant growth
- Lead and manage a high performing team
- Convenient location in Green Square / Zetland
- 13 month contract starting early November 2023
Love to Dream is an Australian-owned business founded in 2008 by Hana-Lia Krawchuk who invented the Swaddle UP to help babies achieve better, longer and safer sleep.
Ten years later, Love to Dream has established the baby sleep category, is the market leader in Australia, and sells over 300 SKUs, in 40+ countries globally. Backing from Quadrant Private Equity’s Growth Fund has enabled Love to Dream to scale up at a significant pace both locally and internationally.
We continue to expand our global presence with the vision of becoming the #1 global baby and toddler sleep brand, providing better sleep, bigger dreams and a brighter world – this role will be instrumental in continuing our success across the APAC region.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Interim Chief Marketing Officer will lead Love to Dream’s marketing team, reinforcing our strong brand and loyal customer base, while growing our global eCommerce and wholesale channels. Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with senior management, this role will develop a world class marketing team across Brand & Communications, eCommerce, Digital Marketing and Customer Care & Community.
- Lead and support a large team with delivering on the FY24 marketing strategy and key projects across four channels - Brand, eCommerce, Digital and Customer Care
- Lead the FY25 Budgeting and Spend projection process
- Lead the marketing workshop to develop key focus areas and project roadmap for FY25
- Represent the marketing team in all Leadership Team meetings/engagements and ensure the marketing team is updated on all key discussions/business directions
- Work with in-market leads (US, UK/EMEA, AU) to ensure key regional priorities are reflected in the global marketing strategy and provide an on-going support
- Overall marketing budget management
- Build, develop and support a world class marketing team
- Deliver growth via through the funnel digital marketing; including SEO, Paid performance channels including Google/Meta, email, social media, and marketplace advertising
- Optimise our web merchandising and eCommerce experience to the needs of customers and improve conversion rates
- Drive long term customer loyalty, referrals and retention and to grow lifetime value across the full Love To Dream product range
- Manage the customer service team, building on our world-class NPS ratings
- Lead Love to Dream’s customer insights and brand marketing, increasing brand awareness and affinity across key markets
- Work collaboratively with our Australian and international wholesale and retail partners, providing appropriate trade marketing support
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints
- Evaluate emerging technologies and channel partners for growth. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Organize keep in touch days with all marketing team members on parental leave and ensure the CMO is kept up to date with key business developments/decisions and team changes.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience managing marketing teams
- Proven eCommerce, digital marketing and brand expertise with strong emphasis and focus on Digital
- Track record of revenue growth
- Experience with budget and vendor management
- Experience building and supporting a consumer brand
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Digital marketing expertise as the key priority
- Brand building expertise
- customer expertise
- eCommerce/marketplace expertise
- Data and analytical abilities including tracking ROI at a campaign and customer level
- Goal oriented
- Team oriented
- Communication skills
Alignment to Love To Dream’s values:
- Lead with Love - Respectful, collaborative, inclusive, motivates, positive attitude
- Inspired by Families - Supportive, builds community, thoughtful, listens, empowers others
- Made with Love - Delivers results, meets deadlines, strives for excellence, attention to detail
- Dare to Dream - Adaptable, embraces challenge, focus on personal development
What’s in it for you?
We believe diversity of thought fuels innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age.
Love To Dream offers:
- A high-growth, rapidly changing organisation
- Direct line report to CEO and founder of Love to Dream
- Opportunity to add real value to the organisation’s growth and success
- Dynamic, friendly, flexible team environment – great culture
- Hybrid working environment
- Two week work from anywhere and birthday leave
- Reward and Recognition through our DREAM online platform
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us create a Best Place To Work!