Maintenance Mechanical Tradesperson
Lyka Pet Food
Who are we?
Lyka is an Australian founded pet wellness company that’s shaking up an outdated industry and paving the way for happier, healthier pets. Despite medical advancements, animal lifespans are on the decline. Today, the average pet only reaches 37% of their full potential lifespan and statistics have shown us that many suffer from dental disease, cancer, and obesity. Simply put, the status quo is not enough. As humans, we’ve experienced firsthand the positive impact fresh wholefoods can have on our health and wellbeing, and we believe our furry friends deserve the same. We're on a mission to do just that, starting with nutritionally balanced, wholefood meals delivered direct to doors around Australia. As the world’s most sustainable pet wellness company, we’re putting pets and our planet first — one bowl at a time.
Today, we are proud to share we’ve served over 10 million meals to puppers and their parents across Australia, and this is just the beginning. Our vision is to create multiple nutritional products, adding disease prevention meals and supplements, and expand into new markets.
Currently, we have a team of 150+ pet-obsessed and we're continuing to grow (yes, looking at you!). These carefully selected people are dedicated to building the next generation of technology and products to help empower pet parents to take control over their pet’s wellbeing. To date, we have raised over $40M in funding from our venture fund investments and pet industry insiders, who believe in our mission and ability to drive change in a stagnant industry, providing nutrition that nourishes puppers from the inside out.
Are you ready to shake things up and give pets the life they deserve? Come join our pack!
Lyka is growing and is on the hunt for an exceptional Maintenance Mechanical Tradesperson that will be responsible for providing quality customer service to our customers through the daily preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across our manufacturing sites at Wetherill Park and Baulkham Hills. This will include motivation, training, reporting and problem solving on a daily basis.
You will be part of our high performing and driven Manufacturing & Supply Chain (M&SC) team, and will have a direct impact on setting and delivering our asset care strategical and tactical journey, and as such, this role also encompasses providing subject matter expertise when it comes to root cause analysis in addition to corrective and preventative actions.
If you work well under pressure and want a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to grow your professional skills, this role is for you.
Training and Development
- Attend and complete training as required
- Willingness to attend any training deemed relevant to the position
- Occasional transfer of basic maintenance skills and knowledge to competent operations personnel e.g. lubrication.
- Providing technical input into reactive and planned root cause analysis
- Planning and conducting regular preventative maintenance for building, machinery, and equipment assets
- Managing and ordering inventory for spare parts and consumables
- Coach production workers to utilise machinery and equipment appropriately to reduce the risk of breakdowns and injuries
- Develop and ensure adherence to maintenance SOPs
- Coordinate, assist and learn from OEMs/trades/contractors where necessary
- Ensuring compliance of Lyka's safety policies and procedures and other statutory and legal requirements
- Building key regular relationships including but not limited to other members of the DS site leadership team, technical and manufacturing stakeholders at other sites, manufacturing operators, and external suppliers
- Asset reliability and continuous improvement program
- Compliance with required safety systems and procedures including JSA/SWMS/permits to work including but not limited to Working at Height, Hot Work and Confined Space Entry
- Compliance with all Lyka policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote safety and risk management initiatives
- Meet organisational requirements for expected workplace behaviours, quality assurance, health and safety, and environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Compliance with all food regulatory standards e.g. HACCP requirements.
- Observe and comply with all GMP requirements.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of two years post apprenticeship experience in FMCG manufacturing facility - preferably within the food manufacturing industry.
- Reliable, motivated and punctual
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to maintenance
- Ability to work both as a team member and alone in an autonomous manner.
- Good planning, communication, organisation and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to embrace continuous improvement methodologies both in using these directly and embedding as part of a team
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to maintain cross functional relationship
- Work in a fast-growing start-up, experiencing what goes behind the scenes to sustain hyper-growth for a start-up with a physical product!
- Growth and Development – Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you will have the opportunity to experience different challenges every day and progressively acquire more responsibilities as our facility and team expands. We provide an annual L&D budget for you to continue your personal development.
- Work for a sustainability focused company – we care about the health of our dogs & our planet. Not only are we the only Australian carbon-negative pet food company, but we’re also working on offsetting all our staff's plastic use & carbon emissions, too!
- Be part of a diverse top talent team, coming from widely different backgrounds and geographies
- Wellbeing assistance & tools to take care of your mental & physical wellbeing so you can do your best work.
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.