Vet/Vet Nurse - Customer Care Specialist
Lyka Pet Food
Who are we?
Lyka is an Australian founded pet wellness company that’s shaking up an outdated industry and paving the way for happier, healthier pets. Despite medical advancements, animal lifespans are on the decline. Today, the average pet only reaches 37% of their full potential lifespan and statistics have shown us that many suffer from dental disease, cancer, and obesity. Simply put, the status quo is not enough. As humans, we’ve experienced firsthand the positive impact fresh wholefoods can have on our health and wellbeing, and we believe our furry friends deserve the same. We're on a mission to do just that, starting with nutritionally balanced, wholefood meals delivered direct to doors around Australia. As the world’s most sustainable pet wellness company, we’re putting pets and our planet first — one bowl at a time.
Today, we are proud to share we’ve served over 10 million meals to puppers and their parents across Australia, and this is just the beginning. Our vision is to create multiple nutritional products, adding disease prevention meals and supplements, and expand into new markets.
Currently, we have a team of 150+ pet-obsessed and we're continuing to grow (yes, looking at you!). These carefully selected people are dedicated to building the next generation of technology and products to help empower pet parents to take control over their pet’s wellbeing. To date, we have raised over $40M in funding from our venture fund investments and pet industry insiders, who believe in our mission and ability to drive change in a stagnant industry, providing nutrition that nourishes puppers from the inside out.
Are you ready to shake things up and give pets the life they deserve? Come join our pack!
Lyka is growing quickly, and no two weeks are the same. You will partner with each of the leads in each organisation to help us grow in headcount and also scale our culture and processes.
You will be part of our high-performing and ambitious team and face diverse challenges on the job. If you work well under pressure and want a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to grow your professional skills this role is for you.
- Veterinary Tech Degree / Cert IV or similar, preferably you will have done at least 1 year in general practice.
- Experience within industry is advantageous
- Have top of class customer service skills, including strong listening, well-versed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong grammar and written English
- Exceptional problem-solver with the ability to liaise directly with customers and escalate critical issues where appropriate
- An interest in, and passion for natural feeding
- Technical knowledge or experience in HACCP or food processing is bonus
- A team player who's able to thrive in a small but quickly growing team
- Organised and high attention to detail
- Resilient, high sense of ownership and comfortable with fast pace and ambiguity
- Must love dogs
- Be the first point of contact to our customers, advising them on a variety of nutritional and diet-related questions
- Grow long-term relationships with customers and build promoters who are not only customers but raving fans by consistently exceeding their expectations
- Work with Lyka’s teams across the business to identify areas to improve customer experience, including on our website, communications and delivery experiences
- Problem-solve through sometimes complex and challenging technical enquiries
- Assist in developing Lyka’s Customer Care foundation by assisting in building knowledgebase content
- Foster a growth-oriented, positive and high-performance culture that motivates employees and is aligned with the company's mission
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of strategic and creative new products, based on emerging trends & technologies and a deep understanding of pet and consumer needs
- Assist in new product tastings and feeding trials
- Contribute to our sustainability goals through research and analysis regarding the risk-benefit of ingredient choices and supply chain decisions
- Provide input on nutrition-related and pet wellness content marketing activities, and support activities related to veterinary education on natural feeding and Lyka. This may involve participation in blogs, video productions and practice visits.
- Contribute to building an internal and external knowledge base focused on nutritional education and Lyka
- Assist in training on our products and nutrition in general and support any technical issues that may arise, including facilitating work-shops and writing protocols as required
- Support our research institute partnerships, which may include finding and summarising new research and writing project proposals
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexibility - Strike a balance, work remotely and from our office
- Growth and Development - Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you'll have the opportunity to take your career to the next level through high ownership
- Collaboration - Team Lyka is a unique and collaborative environment! From Senior Management to Engineers, to Vets, and Videographers, our team excels at leveraging diverse points of view to create amazing results, while having fun along the way
- High Performing - Be part of a diverse top talent team, coming from widely different backgrounds and geographies
- Work in a fast-growing start-up, experiencing what goes behind the scenes to sustain hyper-growth for a start-up with a physical product!
- Fun team environment and culture
- Discounts to feed your dog the best food in the world!
- Dog-friendly office - hang out with the original Lyka, and bring your own furry-loved ones
- Improve the lives of dogs in Australia!
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.