Warehouse / Fulfilment Forklift Operator
Lyka Pet Food
Who are we?
Lyka is an Australian founded pet wellness company that’s shaking up an outdated industry and paving the way for happier, healthier pets. Despite medical advancements, animal lifespans are on the decline. Today, the average pet only reaches 37% of their full potential lifespan and statistics have shown us that many suffer from dental disease, cancer, and obesity. Simply put, the status quo is not enough. As humans, we’ve experienced firsthand the positive impact fresh wholefoods can have on our health and wellbeing, and we believe our furry friends deserve the same. We're on a mission to do just that, starting with nutritionally balanced, wholefood meals delivered direct to doors around Australia. As the world’s most sustainable pet wellness company, we’re putting pets and our planet first — one bowl at a time.
Today, we are proud to share we’ve served over 10 million meals to puppers and their parents across Australia, and this is just the beginning. Our vision is to create multiple nutritional products, adding disease prevention meals and supplements, and expand into new markets.
Currently, we have a team of 150+ pet-obsessed and we're continuing to grow (yes, looking at you!). These carefully selected people are dedicated to building the next generation of technology and products to help empower pet parents to take control over their pet’s wellbeing. To date, we have raised over $60M in funding from our venture fund investments and pet industry insiders, who believe in our mission and ability to drive change in a stagnant industry, providing nutrition that nourishes puppers from the inside out.
Are you ready to shake things up and give pets the life they deserve? Come join our pack!
Lyka is growing and is on the hunt for an exceptional Team Leader that will be responsible for coordinating and adding value to Lyka Pet Foods Pty Ltd - Dandenong South manufacturing operations, its operational staff and client services. A Team Leader must have adequate experience and skills to develop and enable operations staff to perform to an acceptable level within their respective classification, while ensuring the organisation’s business objectives are being met.
You will be part of our high performing and driven Manufacturing & Supply Chain (M&SC) team and will have a direct impact on setting and delivering our asset care strategical and tactical journey. The Team Leader must be able to fulfill both operational job responsibilities and a high level of administrative responsibility as required. You will be working in line with production schedules; ensuring all work orders are completed on time, in full and to the required quality standards; following all production procedures in regard to machine operation and processes, non-conformances, preparing and handling materials both raw and processed.
- The position of Warehouse / Fulfilment Storeman is a role that co-ordinates and adds value to Lyka Pet Foods Pty Ltd-Dandenong South manufacturing operations, its operational staff and client services. A Warehouse Storeman must have adequate experience and skills to develop and enable Operations Staff to perform to an acceptable level within their respective classification, while ensuring the organization's business objectives are being met.
- Ensure the quality of Lyka is of the highest presentation in all aspects of the manufacturing Site, as well as a professionally presented staff at all times.
- Ensure that warehousing is in accordance with the quality and standards set by Lyka, by maintaining staff commitment to the quality and standards levels relating to client inventory and customer deliveries.
- Maintain productivity output by ensuring staff consistently obtain 100% of the established productivity levels.
- Ensure working and access areas are kept clean and tidy at all times by monitoring and/or removing all material that is deemed rubbish or that may inhibit any employee’s ability to efficiently perform his/her job.
- Be committed and ensure staff adheres to Lyka’s EEO and OH&S policies by operating in a healthy and safe and non-discriminatory manner at all times.
- Obtain skill levels to perform all duties outlined for staff at the Lyka Pack level.
- Process internal and external customer orders, within the established timelines.
- Complete all inventory / warehouse paperwork accurately, in accordance with established procedures.
- Control internal and external movements of raw material and finished goods.
- Supply immediate feedback and maintain acceptable service levels to both internal and external customers regarding any impact on provision of services and / or supply.
- Supply and maintain accurate data information regarding inventory and movements in and out of the warehousing and production facilities.
- Operate all materials handling equipment (both licensed and unlicensed) in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
- Store and / or stack raw material and finished goods in a safe and retrievable manner.
- Utilise adequate product knowledge and/or identification to ensure the accuracy of warehouse inventory and customer despatches.
- Must undertake training and development to enhance potential for multi skilling in the fulfilment and Quality Inspection areas.
- Provide training / mentoring to other staff as and when directed.
- Operate materials handling equipment and possess any license requirements.
- Duties may change periodically, in consultation with staff, to reflect the changing nature of our business.
- A Warehouse Storeman must also be able to fulfill both operational job responsibilities and a high level of administrative responsibility, as required.
Personal Attributes required to be successful in this role
- A high level of commitment and passion.
- Professional presentation / image and ability to grow into next position.
- Sound communication skills – written and oral, with the ability to impact multi-level relationships.
- Customer service focus.
- Innovation, capacity to challenge the status quo with a ‘quiet’ confidence.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Work in a fast-growing start-up, experiencing what goes behind the scenes to sustain hyper-growth for a start-up with a physical product!
- Growth and Development – Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you will have the opportunity to experience different challenges every day and progressively acquire more responsibilities as our facility and team expands.
- Work for a sustainability focused company – we care about the health of our dogs & our planet. Not only are we the only Australian carbon-negative pet food company, but we’re also working on offsetting all our staff's plastic use & carbon emissions, too!
- Be part of a diverse top talent team, coming from widely different backgrounds and geographies
- Wellbeing assistance & tools to take care of your mental & physical wellbeing so you can do your best work.
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams.
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.