Business Operations Manager
Lyka Pet Food
Who are we?
Lyka is an Australian founded pet wellness company that’s shaking up an outdated industry and paving the way for happier, healthier pets. Despite medical advancements, animal lifespans are on the decline. Today, the average pet only reaches 37% of their full potential lifespan — the oldest dogs live to 30+ years old, the average dog passes away at only 11 years old :( — and statistics have shown us that most suffer from dental disease, cancer, and obesity. Simply put, the status quo is not enough.
As humans, we’ve experienced firsthand the positive impact fresh wholefoods can have on our health and wellbeing, and we believe our furry friends deserve the same. We're on a mission to do just that, starting with nutritionally balanced, wholefood meals delivered direct to doors around Australia. As the world’s most sustainable pet wellness company, we’re putting pets and our planet first — one bowl at a time.
Today, we are proud to share we’ve served over 20 million meals to puppers and their parents across Australia, and this is just the beginning. Our vision is to create multiple nutritional products, adding disease prevention meals and supplements, and expand into new markets.
Currently, we have a team of 200+ pet-obsessed and we're continuing to grow (yes, looking at you!). These carefully selected people are dedicated to building the next generation of technology and products to help empower pet parents to take control over their pet’s wellbeing.
To date, we have raised over $60M in funding from our venture fund investments and pet industry insiders, who believe in our mission and ability to drive change in a stagnant industry, providing nutrition that nourishes puppers from the inside out.
Are you ready to shake things up and give pets the life they deserve? Come join our pack!
Lyka is growing and is looking for an exceptional Business Operations Manager that will be responsible for creating a collaborative, authentic and vibrant work environment & culture and supporting our governance cadence (working closely with the Lyka executive team).
Who you are?
This role will be responsible for delivering special projects around optimising our facilities, culture, processes / tools and ways of working across Lyka as we enter our next stage of growth. You will both be great at executing on projects and able to zoom out strategically to guide the team. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across the whole company, and work closely with the executive leadership team to drive their agenda.
What you will do?
- Identify opportunities to enhance efficiency across various business functions (identifying bottlenecks, redundancies and areas for automation)
- Executing projects and initiatives across the company (this could include sustainability initiatives, implementing new tools, automating processes, etc.)
- Support management of office facilities and employee experience calendar (all hands meetings, brown bag lunches, social events) to drive connectivity and a vibrant office culture, aligned to our values
Executive & Board Support:
- Drive the agenda of the Lyka executive team, ensuring they are focused on the most critical topics and decisions
- Optimise and maintain the operating cadence of the executive team, providing support and ensuring the team runs effectively
- Support the preparation of board material, board cadences and communication
- Assist in the preparation of business plans, budgets, and forecasts (including assisting with future capital raises)
Cross-functional collaboration & ways of working:
- Optimise ways of working across the company during our next stage of growth
- Facilitate effective communication and knowledge sharing across the organisation
- Foster strong relationships with teams and act as a liaison between departments
Who you are?
- 3+ years in a high-growth startup, consulting or similar environment ideally with experience in business operations and/or chief of staff responsibilities
- Experience in leading a small team (with at least one direct report)
- Extremely proficient in Office tools and able to learn new tools / systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather, analyse, and interpret data
- Strong project management and organisation skills with bias to action and able to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and EQ; ability to work with a large range of stakeholders and a natural communicator (verbal and written)
- Work in a fast-growing start-up, experiencing what goes behind the scenes to sustain hyper-growth for a start-up with a physical product!
- Growth and Development – Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you will have the opportunity to experience different challenges every day and progressively acquire more responsibilities as our facility and team expands. We provide an annual L&D budget for you to continue your personal development.
- Work for a sustainability focused company – we care about the health of our dogs and our planet. We’re proud to be Australia’s only carbon-negative and plastic-negative pet wellness company and we’re always looking at ways for us improve sustainability practices.
- Be part of a diverse top talent team, coming from widely different backgrounds and geographies.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees who have been with Lyka for one year, alongside 2 weeks of miscarriage leave in the first twenty weeks. We also offer 18 weeks paid parental leave to those who have been at Lyka for over two years and a pro rata amount for those who have passed probation and have been with Lyka less than one year.
- Wellbeing assistance & tools to take care of your mental and physical wellbeing so you can do your best work.
- Flexible hybrid working, with three days in-office: We have pet-friendly offices and industrial kitchens in Sydney and Melbourne to choose from.
- Pupper parent support to care for your furry friends – flexible arrangements for new pets, pet-friendly offices, discounts, and financial allowance for dog training & care to help them live their best life!
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.