Senior Associate - Commercial (Strategy)
Lyka Pet Food
Lyka is an Australian founded pet wellness company that’s shaking up an outdated industry and paving the way for happier, healthier pets. Despite medical advancements, animal lifespans are on the decline. Today, the average pet only reaches 37% of their full potential lifespan and statistics have shown us that many suffer from dental disease, cancer, and obesity. Simply put, the status quo is not enough.
As humans, we’ve experienced firsthand the positive impact fresh wholefoods can have on our health and wellbeing, and we believe our furry friends deserve the same. We're on a mission to do just that, starting with nutritionally balanced, wholefood meals delivered direct to doors around Australia. As the world’s most sustainable pet wellness company, we’re putting pets and our planet first — one bowl at a time.
Today, we are proud to share we’ve served over 20 million meals to puppers and their parents across Australia, and this is just the beginning. Our vision is to create multiple nutritional products, adding disease prevention meals and supplements, and expand into new markets.
Currently, we have a team of 200+ pet-obsessed and we're continuing to grow (yes, looking at you!). These carefully selected people are dedicated to building the next generation of technology and products to help empower pet parents to take control over their pet’s wellbeing.
To date, we have raised over $60M in funding from our venture fund investments and pet industry insiders, who believe in our mission and ability to drive change in a stagnant industry, providing nutrition that nourishes puppers from the inside out.
Are you ready to shake things up and give pets the life they deserve? Come join our pack!
The Team and Role:
Lyka is growing and on the hunt for an exceptional Commercial Strategy manager that will be responsible for driving commercial outcomes (growth and profitability) and business success – elevating our ability to understand and consequently impact the levers which drive business performance.
What you will do:
- Build Lyka’s ability to assess business performance, including being at the forefront of our data, metrics, and KPIs. Developing our understanding of our key performance levers, and influencing our decision-making so that we are able to diagnose and continuously improve these levers
- Ownership and maintenance of pricing structure and strategy across our product range
- Providing Commercial Support to the business – understanding and diagnosing priority issues in business performance levers, and diving into the detail to assist business stakeholders with commercial-decision making where required
- Driving and managing cross-functional projects to deliver on the aforementioned outcomes (both investigation/diagnostic focused, and execution of improvement items)
- 2-3 Years relevant experience in fast-paced, analytically heavy role(s) - e.g., management consulting, banking, strategy/operations in a high growth startup or tech environment, or quantitative marketing or growth experience in a high-growth D2C e-commerce company
- Experience with working with data to perform detailed analysis and modelling. Advanced Excel skills required at a minimum, but also desirable:
- At least basic understanding of SQL and working with databases/data models will be valuable
- Experience with Martech tools and Data (particularly in a D2C context – hands-on experience with Website Tracking, SEO, Email Marketing, Event Tracking, Advertising Platforms, etc. will be highly regarded
- Motivated, hard-working and career-driven, with an entrepreneurial and self-starter mindset (including the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment)
- Ability to break broad and complex problems into smaller and executable components, including framing and communicating this with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work cross-functionally – working with, presenting to, and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Work in a fast-growing start-up, experiencing what goes behind the scenes to sustain hyper-growth for a start-up with a physical product!
- Growth and Development – Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you will have the opportunity to experience different challenges every day and progressively acquire more responsibilities as our facility and team expands. We provide an annual L&D budget for you to continue your personal development.
- Work for a sustainability focused company – we care about the health of our dogs and our planet. We’re proud to be Australia’s only carbon-negative and plastic-negative pet wellness company and we’re always looking at ways for us improve sustainability practices.
- Be part of a diverse top talent team, coming from widely different backgrounds and geographies.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave, alongside 2 weeks of miscarriage leave in the first twenty weeks. We also offer 18 paid weeks to both primary and secondary carers if you have been at Lyka for over two years.
- Wellbeing assistance & tools to take care of your mental and physical wellbeing so you can do your best work.
- Flexible working: work from where you get your best work done. We have pet-friendly offices and industrial kitchens in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Pupper parent support to care for your furry friends – flexible arrangements for new pets, pet-friendly offices, discounts, and financial allowance for dog training & care to help them live their best life!
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.