Lyka Pet Food
Lyka is an Australian founded pet wellness company that’s shaking up an outdated industry and paving the way for happier, healthier pets. Despite medical advancements, animal lifespans are on the decline. Today, the average pet only reaches 37% of their full potential lifespan — the oldest dogs live to 30+ years old, the average dog passes away at only 11 years old :( — and statistics have shown us that most suffer from dental disease, cancer, and obesity. Simply put, the status quo is not enough.
As humans, we’ve experienced firsthand the positive impact fresh wholefoods can have on our health and wellbeing, and we believe our furry friends deserve the same. We're on a mission to do just that, starting with nutritionally balanced, wholefood meals delivered direct to doors around Australia. As the world’s most sustainable pet wellness company, we’re putting pets and our planet first — one bowl at a time.
Today, we are proud to share we’ve served over 20 million meals to puppers and their parents across Australia, and this is just the beginning. Our vision is to create multiple nutritional products, adding disease prevention meals and supplements, and expand into new markets.
Currently, we have a team of 200+ pet-obsessed and we're continuing to grow (yes, looking at you!). These carefully selected people are dedicated to building the next generation of technology and products to help empower pet parents to take control over their pet’s wellbeing.
To date, we have raised over $60M in funding from our venture fund investments and pet industry insiders, who believe in our mission and ability to drive change in a stagnant industry, providing nutrition that nourishes puppers from the inside out.
Are you ready to shake things up and give pets the life they deserve? Come join our pack!
We're on a mission to double the lifespan of our pets, and we need you to help discover the way as the Senior Researcher on our Research and Development Team.
Who is this for?
Are you a passionate researcher with a flair for innovation? Do you believe in the power of science to improve the lives of our pets? If you're looking to be at the forefront of ground-breaking research in a dynamic and growing company, this role is tailor-made for you.
What you will do:
- Research strategy: Aid in developing our research strategy and pipeline to meet business goals, centring on our key thematic priorities:
- Safety & benefits demonstration: Demonstrating the safety and efficacy of our products
- Improving the general health and happiness of puppers
- Improving our products to deliver greater benefits to pets
- Developing new products and/or services based on research breakthroughs
- Create research proposals: Design research grounded in solid statistical and scientific principles. This includes cost modelling and spearheading the studies' execution, while seamlessly collaborating with external stakeholders such as universities, industrial partners, and customers.
- Manage active studies: Supervise active research projects, ensuring they progress effectively and align with our investigative objectives.
- Analytical excellence: Engage in the analysis and synthesis of research results, transforming raw data into actionable insights and coherent findings.
- Scholarly support: Assist in drafting papers that elucidate research outcomes and white papers that reinforce our perspectives and beliefs.
- Grant applications: Identify, apply for, and win grants to support our research initiatives.
- Collaboration: Partner seamlessly with key stakeholders: Dr. Matt, our co-founding vet to ensure that research initiatives align with product development, Data & Analytics to leverage insights and analyse studies, Customer Care for participant recruitment, and Marketing and Partnerships to showcase studies insight which demonstrate Lyka's value.
- Research synthesis: Keep a keen eye on the latest advancements and studies outside of Lyka. Distil and integrate these findings into tangible insights, aiding in product development and work to underscore the value of a whole food diet in canine health and nutrition.
- Ambassadorship: Represent Lyka at prominent animal and nutrition conferences, showcasing our research and championing our commitment to canine health.
- Puppers are your purpose: Embody and champion Lyka's values in your research endeavours and collaborations.
- Educated and experienced: You have an advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., Animal Nutrition, Microbiology) and a proven track record in conducting research and publishing papers.
- Specialised knowledge: You possess a deep understanding of animal nutrition, health monitoring, physiology, disease processes and biomarkers. You're adept at discerning how these can be accurately measured and are knowledgeable about the various factors influencing them.
- Project management: Skilled in research management, adept at overseeing and prioritizing multiple studies concurrently.
- Writing expertise: Possess outstanding written communication skills, ensuring clarity, precision, and effectiveness in conveying complex ideas and findings.
- Analytical acumen: Capable of dissecting study outcomes and possess the statistical skills to create detailed research study designs.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You possess an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Bilingual in business and science: You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to talk with both sides of the business.
- Work in a fast-growing start-up, experiencing what goes behind the scenes to sustain hyper-growth for a start-up with a physical product!
- Growth and Development – Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you will have the opportunity to experience different challenges every day and progressively acquire more responsibilities as our facility and team expands. We provide an annual L&D budget for you to continue your personal development.
- Work for a sustainability focused company – we care about the health of our dogs and our planet. We’re proud to be Australia’s only carbon-negative and plastic-negative pet wellness company and we’re always looking at ways for us improve sustainability practices.
- Be part of a diverse top talent team, coming from widely different backgrounds and geographies.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave, alongside 2 weeks of miscarriage leave in the first twenty weeks. We also offer 18 paid weeks to both primary and secondary carers if you have been at Lyka for over two years.
- Wellbeing assistance & tools to take care of your mental and physical wellbeing so you can do your best work.
- Pupper parent support to care for your furry friends – flexible arrangements for new pets, pet-friendly offices, discounts, and financial allowance for dog training & care to help them live their best life!
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
If you're passionate about animal health, have a strong research background, and are looking for a role where you can truly make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now and be a part of our exciting journey to make puppers healthier and happier!