Email Marketing Specialist
Lyka Pet Food
Who are we?
Lyka is an Australian founded pet wellness company that’s shaking up an outdated industry and paving the way for happier, healthier pets. Despite medical advancements, animal lifespans are on the decline. Today, the average pet only reaches 37% of their full potential lifespan and statistics have shown us that many suffer from dental disease, cancer, and obesity. Simply put, the status quo is not enough.
As humans, we’ve experienced firsthand the positive impact fresh wholefoods can have on our health and wellbeing, and we believe our furry friends deserve the same. We're on a mission to do just that, starting with nutritionally balanced, wholefood meals delivered direct to doors around Australia. As the world’s most sustainable pet wellness company, we’re putting pets and our planet first — one bowl at a time.
Today, we are proud to share we’ve served over 20 million meals to puppers and their parents across Australia, and this is just the beginning. Our vision is to create multiple nutritional products, adding disease prevention meals and supplements, and expand into new markets.
Currently, we have a team of 200+ pet-obsessed and we're continuing to grow (yes, looking at you!). These carefully selected people are dedicated to building the next generation of technology and products to help empower pet parents to take control over their pet’s wellbeing.
To date, we have raised over $60M in funding from our venture fund investments and pet industry insiders, who believe in our mission and ability to drive change in a stagnant industry, providing nutrition that nourishes puppers from the inside out.
Are you ready to shake things up and give pets the life they deserve? Come join our pack!
The time we share with our pets is being cut short. Despite medical advancements, they’re getting sicker earlier. They’re dying prematurely. The industry has it backwards — prioritising treating symptoms instead of addressing the root cause. That’s where we come in.
At Lyka, we take a preventative, holistic and personalised approach to pet care. We look at the full picture, factoring in the diet, lifestyle and environment of each individual animal.
We don’t stop at symptoms, instead we dig for the root cause. We create nutrition plans unique to each pet, because it’s not just about living longer, but living well too.
Our mission is to double the average lifespan of dogs and cats by 2050. When we can share a full life with our pets, we've done our job.
Lyka is growing and is on the hunt for an exceptional Email Marketing Specialist that will be responsible for owning our email marketing content and driving channel best practise. You will have the opportunity to own our Email Marketing Calendar end-to-end, working cross functionally with our Social Content & Community, Creative, R&D & Customer Care teams. The role sits within our Lifecycle Marketing Team, working closely with our Marketing Automation Specialist and reporting into our Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager.
Who you are?
- You have 3+ years' experience in Email & CRM marketing delivery – A SME in all things email marketing.
- Proven experience with E2E email campaign management including A/B test frameworks.
- A knack for being able to story-tell and adapt long-form content for the email channel, and to different audiences.
- You’re data driven! You have an analytical mindset, being able to interpret and translate campaign results and learnings.
- You’re a self-starter, with a can-do attitude - A curiosity to explore new ways of doing things by asking questions and have a problem-solving mindset.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and stakeholder management.
What you will do?
- End to end email campaign management and delivery
- From planning, briefing, email build & reporting you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of our email newsletters.
- Collaboration and content planning
- You’ll own the content calendar for email newsletters, collaborating closely with our Social, Content & Community team.
- Working cross-functionally to incorporating seasonal and project-based content into the plan. (e.g. Product launches)
- Channel Optimisation - As an Email SME you will bring your wealth of knowledge to continuously improve our approach to email, based on best practice and industry standards. Including;
- Experimentation (Test & Learn)
- Email template guidelines and refinement
- Growing our personalisation content strategy in email
- Supporting our Automation Specialist with content opportunities for our automations
- Analysis & reporting
- Live and work in accordance with Lyka’s values and principles at the workplace
- Ultimately you will drive continuous improvement in our Email Marketing activity to achieve business KRs, best practise, above industry standard engagement.
- You will own the Email Marketing Content plan to ensure is aligned with the broader Lyka content strategy and tone of voice.
Some ‘nice to have’s:
- Experience with following
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- HTML & Liquid coding skills
- Experience with SMS marketing
- Work in a fast-growing start-up, experiencing what goes behind the scenes to sustain hyper-growth for a start-up with a physical product!
- Growth and Development – Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you will have the opportunity to experience different challenges every day and progressively acquire more responsibilities as our facility and team expands. We provide an annual L&D budget for you to continue your personal development.
- Work for a sustainability focused company – we care about the health of our dogs and our planet. We’re proud to be Australia’s only carbon-negative and plastic-negative pet wellness company and we’re always looking at ways for us improve sustainability practices.
- Be part of a diverse top talent team, coming from widely different backgrounds and geographies.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave, alongside 2 weeks of miscarriage leave in the first twenty weeks. We also offer 18 paid weeks to both primary and secondary carers if you have been at Lyka for over two years.
- Wellbeing assistance & tools to take care of your mental and physical wellbeing so you can do your best work.
- Pupper parent support to care for your furry friends – flexible arrangements for new pets, pet-friendly offices, discounts, and financial allowance for dog training & care to help them live their best life!
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.