Knowledge & Content Manager
Lyka Pet Food
Lyka is an Australian founded pet wellness company that’s shaking up an outdated industry and paving the way for happier, healthier pets. Despite medical advancements, animal lifespans are on the decline. Today, the average pet only reaches 37% of their full potential lifespan and statistics have shown us that many suffer from dental disease, cancer, and obesity. Simply put, the status quo is not enough.
As humans, we’ve experienced firsthand the positive impact fresh wholefoods can have on our health and wellbeing, and we believe our furry friends deserve the same. We're on a mission to do just that, starting with nutritionally balanced, wholefood meals delivered direct to doors around Australia. As the world’s most sustainable pet wellness company, we’re putting pets and our planet first — one bowl at a time.
Today, we are proud to share we’ve served over 20 million meals to puppers and their parents across Australia, and this is just the beginning. Our vision is to create multiple nutritional products, adding disease prevention meals and supplements, and expand into new markets.
Currently, we have a team of 200+ pet-obsessed and we're continuing to grow (yes, looking at you!). These carefully selected people are dedicated to building the next generation of technology and products to help empower pet parents to take control over their pet’s wellbeing.
To date, we have raised over $60M in funding from our venture fund investments and pet industry insiders, who believe in our mission and ability to drive change in a stagnant industry, providing nutrition that nourishes puppers from the inside out.
Are you ready to shake things up and give pets the life they deserve? Come join our pack!
The time we share with our pets is being cut short. Despite medical advancements, they’re getting sicker earlier. They’re dying prematurely. The industry has it backwards — prioritising treating symptoms instead of addressing the root cause. That’s where we come in.
At Lyka, we take a preventative, holistic and personalised approach to pet care. We look at the full picture, factoring in the diet, lifestyle and environment of each individual animal. We don’t stop at symptoms, instead we dig for the root cause. We create nutrition plans unique to each pet, because it’s not just about living longer, but living well too.
Our mission is to double the average lifespan of dogs and cats by 2050. When we can share a full life with our pets, we've done our job.
Lyka is growing and is on the hunt for a passionate and driven Knowledge & Content Manager to help us develop & execute on roadmap to deliver knowledge across the business, supporting key growth initiatives including new product launches.
We are on a mission to create a world where feeding fresh is the new standard for our pets. Here at Lyka, everything we do as a company is underpinned through the science of nutrition, from the formulation of each product to the way we message our products to customers.
Critical to the success of our mission, this role will empower our employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders with the scientific nutrition and wellness know-how. This role will be able to synthesis and communicate complex technical topics effectively and, with clarity.
Reporting to the Product Development Lead, you will work cross-functionally to help shape knowledge programs across the company. The Product Development function sits within Lyka’s broader Research & Development team.
The ideal candidate will be people-oriented, a strong communicator, highly organised, and should thrive working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
What you will do?
- Define implementation roadmap for delivering technical knowledge that aligns with cross-functional teams’ and their priorities;
- Engage the organisations’ technical SMEs (e.g. veterinarians, animal nutritionists and food scientists) to create programs, and synthesis internal IP relating to knowledge management;
- Supplement internal knowledge through conducting desktop research into pet nutrition and wellness;
- Assist with the design and delivery of a suite of training materials related to the Lyka product range, pet nutrition and broader wellness;
- Provide product knowledge to support new product launches working alongside other teams;
- Gather feedback and conduct evaluation strategies to gauge knowledge program effectiveness and continuously improve programs to address feedback;
- Design & embed operating model that allows for tactical allocation and deployment of technical SME resources to share their knowledge across the business;
- Deliver educational content to deepen customer engagement and value proposition for our breeders, vets and other B2B partners;
- Work cross-functionally with teams across Product, Marketing, Customer Care and Partnerships;
- Live and work in accordance with Lyka’s values and principles at the workplace
- 1-3 years of experience in knowledge management, or a highly analytical and strategic role (management consulting and/or product management)
- Passion or prior knowledge about nutrition or holistic wellness practices is a bonus!
- Experience at a high-growth consumer products company is a bonus
- Highly structured thinker with ability to work through ambiguous problems
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Very organised, and comfortable with managing various projects at a time
- Strong written and verbal communication; ability to communicate complex topics, effectively and with clarity
- A strong and collaborative team player
- Self-motivated and adaptable (no job is too small or too large)
- Work in a fast-growing start-up, experiencing what goes behind the scenes to sustain hyper-growth for a start-up with a physical product!
- Growth and Development – Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you will have the opportunity to experience different challenges every day and progressively acquire more responsibilities as our facility and team expands. We provide an annual L&D budget for you to continue your personal development.
- Work for a sustainability focused company – we care about the health of our dogs and our planet. We’re proud to be Australia’s only carbon-negative and plastic-negative pet wellness company and we’re always looking at ways for us improve sustainability practices.
- Be part of a diverse top talent team, coming from widely different backgrounds and geographies.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary carers and 6 weeks for secondary carers, alongside 2 weeks of miscarriage leave in the first twenty weeks. We also offer 18 paid weeks to both primary and secondary carers if you have been at Lyka for over two years.
- Wellbeing assistance & tools to take care of your mental and physical wellbeing so you can do your best work.
- Flexible working: work from where you get your best work done. We have pet-friendly offices and industrial kitchens in Sydney and Melbourne and offer a working from home allowance for your home set-up.
- Pupper parent support to care for your furry friends – flexible arrangements for new pets, pet-friendly offices, discounts, and financial allowance for dog training & care to help them live their best life!
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams.
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all staff and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.