Mint Innovation has been developing innovative cleantech since 2016. Our mission is to provide low-carbon, circular economy solutions for recovering critical metals from waste (the urban mine) via plants in major cities around the world.
We're currently commissioning our first electronic waste recycling facility in Western Sydney, which showcases the tech we’ve developed for recovering base and precious metals (e.g. copper & gold) from old scrap electronics. Following in its footsteps will be a roll-out of plants in major cities globally.
Apply direct & straight to us - https://mintinnovation.bamboohr.com/careers
We're a rapidly-growing deep tech startup looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Commercial Lead to join our team. Mint has just raised $60m to fund our global ambition and this is an opportunity to be a key part of the next stage of our journey. You’ll have strong commercial acumen, financial literacy, and a solid understanding of financial modelling. You'll be responsible for utilising business intelligence tools to analyse sales and customer trends, identify opportunities, and improve our operating models.
Day-to-day you’ll be working directly with the C-Suite, supporting the growth of the business through market analysis, shaping data-driven insights and communicating these through tailored materials. You’ll be adaptable to pick up and lead ad-hoc projects, and provide reporting and presentation materials to meet the needs of the leadership team, board of directors and shareholders.
In all, this is an amazing opportunity to join a growing startup in the cleantech space with big global ambitions!
The position reports to our Commercial Manager and is full-time, located at our HQ in East Tamaki, Auckland. You’ll have the chance to grow your career as the company grows. We offer a competitive salary and access to our employee share option programme. International travel will also be required to Mint’s commercial plants from time to time.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Build and maintain detailed knowledge of key operational and technical aspects of Mint’s core technologies, to support the preparation of high-quality investment cases.
- Develop business cases, standardise business data and reporting, and perform market analysis for research concepts and projects.
- Communicate insights effectively, through a variety of media, tailored to the audience.
- Other ad-hoc analysis, reporting and presentation materials to meet the needs of the leadership team, board of directors and shareholders.
- Working cross-functionally with teams across the company, in both a formal and informal manner, to maintain focus on the commercial priorities of Mint
- Manage multiple work streams, providing regular updates to relevant members of senior management and proactively managing any issues or roadblocks.
- Support the commercial processes for negotiating contracts with partners and suppliers
- Work with key technical stakeholders to drive value creation in Mint research and development activities
Skills and Experience
As a company that was born in a dingy basement, everyone at Mint has a “can do, no fuss” attitude and our Commercial Lead will be no different. We want someone who has a bias for action, and a strong sense of urgency when it comes to solving problems - as a growing company, the right attitude and cultural fit is paramount.
Our ideal candidate will have as many of the following qualities as possible:
- Strong quantitative analysis, comfortable building and reviewing financial models and business cases
- Genuine knowledge and interest in cleantech and the circular economy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of recurring and ad hoc multi-functional teams
- Experience using collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams, to work with colleagues in both New Zealand and internationally
- An inquisitive approach helps you identify, and understand the key business problems and then find solutions
- Experience in financial, economic and statistical analysis and/or modelling
- Ability to work under pressure and establish priorities, working across time zones.
- Experience managing projects with deadlines and deliverables
- Confident with upwards management (will be working with the Exec)
- Strong written communication skills, capturing and convening messages clearly (including but not limited to PowerPoint)
- Confident in presenting and representing Mint both internally & externally
- Business acumen, financial literacy and an understanding of business trends
- High attention to detail and a drive to get things done
If the above sounds like you, apply with your CV via our careers page https://mintinnovation.bamboohr.com/careers and we’ll send you a link to a questionnaire as a first assessment. We aim to shortlist and interview candidates through March for a start in April.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Mint. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit! Please note you must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this job. Regrettably, we will not be offering visa sponsorship to relocate.
For more background on Mint see our website - https://www.mint.bio/