Developer Relations Lead - (sales role in video games)
Who is mod.io?
mod.io is the world’s most trusted platform for the creation and discovery of fully cross-platform User-Generated Content (UGC) and mods in video games.
Many of the industries most innovative and successful games have UGC at their core. We’re talking about Counter-Strike, DotA, and PUBG. These games have become house-hold names and that same innovation is what drives us. We are a fast-growing, early-stage startup, backed by leading video game venture capital firms including LEGO Ventures, Tencent, and Makers Fund.
Our mission is to connect game studios and publishers with their communities by harnessing the power of UGC. And we’re doing it; our platform is embedded in over 150 games, including some of the biggest and best games in the world. Games like Deep Rock Galactic, Snowrunner, and Dying Light 2, and we support over six-and-a-half-million monthly users.
What is the role?
We are looking for a Developer Relations Lead to lead our outreach for AAA and AA size games, manage our Sales process and establish a Customer Success capability.
Your responsibilities include:
- Identify, engage and convert Game Studios through outreach and proactive communication, with a focus on AAA and AA games.
- Manage sales pipeline logistics to ensure the sales team is effectively allocated and all leads receive appropriate follow-up.
- Support the CEO, VP of Developer Relations and our sales team to negotiate deal terms with our AAA and AA gaming partners.
- Manage the logistics of the final stages of the sales cycle (agreement of terms, contract negotiation, contract signing, onboarding game to platform, payments) including liaison with legal teams.
- Create and update the necessary documentation required to close deals (NDA, Contract etc) in conjunction with the VP of Operations.
- Provide reports and analysis on sales team performance, including key metrics and performance against targets and goals.
- Identify and implement improvements to sales approach and process in collaboration with the Developer Relations team and VP of Operations.
- Establish a Customer Success capability to support onboarding Game Studios and build close relationships with live games, creating brand advocates and leveraging this goodwill for the benefit of both the game and mod.io.
- Develop case studies highlighting both mod.io and game success for use in our marketing and sales materials.
- Gain access to key game data and quotes for use in our marketing and sales materials.
- Communicate relevant platform updates and news efficiently and effectively in order to maximize partner satisfaction and platform usage.
- Attend international conferences, with a plan and full meeting schedule.
- Feed data and learnings gained from working with Game Studios into the Product team.
- Provide other support as needed for a small, fast-growing start-up.
- Any other business development work as required by a growing start up
Why work at mod.io?
We’re very ambitious in what we want to achieve as a company, and we work closely together to achieve our goals.
- We’re transparent and honest, and our focus is on getting things done in the most efficient way possible - if something is slowing us down, we want to know about it and fix it.
- We’re a small team with 40 people globally. This means there are always opportunities both to shape your role and also how we do things.
- We offer maximum flexibility - you can work hours based on your location and choose where you work - work from home (WFH) or away (any location), or enjoy the perks of our brand new office in Prahran if you’re in Melbourne.
- We provide a competitive salary and equity in the company
- We value the career development of our people; we look to hire within when opportunities arise, and provide mentorship and support for all our team.
- We’re very proud that we have a safe, transparent working environment where everyone is welcome, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for jobs with us.
What are we looking for in candidates?
We are looking for humble, enthusiastic, self-starters who take ownership over what they create and will help us shape and improve the company. Even if you don’t match the qualifications exactly, if you’re confident you can do the job, or can grow into the role, please throw your hat in the ring.
For this role, we need someone who is a people person, with a strong understanding of gaming and a burning desire to see more games adopt and benefit from UGC using mod.io:
- 3+ years of experience in the games industry, developer relations, business development, or comparable field.
- Exceptional communication and people skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Love of data, stats and being able to identify trends and report on them.
- Experience with Google Mail, Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Strong technical skills
- Hunger to work and self-direct in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to convince games (particularly engineers) that “do it yourself” isn’t always the way to go.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Thorough understanding of user generated content, its use within games and comparable platforms like Steam Workshop and Playfab.
- A passion for video games.
- Negotiated and sold SaaS like services to businesses in and outside of gaming.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working in a small, growing start up
How do I apply?
This is a full time role. You can work remotely or from our office in Prahran, which is near Melbourne in Victoria, Australia.
If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please click the application button and provide:
- Your CV
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria
If you don’t think you’re right for this role, but you’d love a role at mod.io, please fill in our Expression of Interest form.