Product Engineer [Irvine, CA]
Are you a passionate and driven Product Engineer looking for an exciting challenge in a fast-paced startup? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Morse Micro is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
You will be reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, and be responsible for new production introduction to yield improvements and RMA support.
Starting date for this role would be immediately. You'd be working from our office in Irvine, CA.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- New product introduction
- Test Program development (hardware and software)
- Collaboration with design team on DFT
- Validation of new products on ATE
- Manage and optimize production yield and quality
- ATE cost optimization
- Management of CM test
- RMA support
- Correlation of ATE with bench evaluation
- Reliability Qualification; Burn In, ESD, Latch up etc
- Management of outsourced test development, including platform and vendor choice
Required skills and experience:
- Product engineer with 1+ years relevant industry experience; Graduates will also be considered
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communications Engineering
- Exposure to ATE testing wireless SOC & circuits; radios, calibration circuits, processors, memories, switched and linear power management circuits
- Experience programming ATE such as Teradyne UltraFLEX
- Expert in design for test and all production test techniques; IDDQ, scan chain etc
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrable experience of meeting project timelines
- Experience working with IC design teams to improve testability
- Knowledge of semiconductor fabrication process; mask making, assembly, QA
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and thorough methodical work style
- The capacity to think for oneself
- A good understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, LNAs, etc)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Premium health benefits
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine, Bay Area & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China), Taipei (Taiwan) and Tokyo (Japan).
Check out what it is like to work with us:
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?