Senior Software Engineer - Embedded
Are you passionate about pushing the boundaries of wireless technology and developing innovative solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT)? Do you have a proven track record of developing high-quality, reliable embedded software? We're seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team at Morse Micro! Morse Micro is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
In this role, you will be part of the applications team, with the opportunity to work across diverse areas of technology and levels of abstraction, all with the goal of enabling new products to enter the market.
The role is available at multiple levels, commensurate with experience.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- ARM, RISC-V, and ESP32 based software development
- Applications development that showcase and demonstrate the benefits of 802.11.ah
- Development of software tools, libraries, SDKs, demos & documentation that streamline the creation of new products that utilise 802.11.ah.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to deliver robust solutions to technical problems
- Providing feedback back upstream in development to ensure the high quality of Morse Micro products.
Required skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Embedded C
- Experience with FreeRTOS or similar RTOS for embedded systems, including bootloaders, device drivers, interrupt handlers and DMA routines.
- Understand hardware concepts such as GPIO, SPI, SDIO, I2C
- Ability to debug issues using GDB, Logic Analyzers, Wireshark
- Strong problem solving skills
- Understand general software development flow and process
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with ability to articulate design decisions/progress
- Must be comfortable with interacting with customers in person and via conference calls
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Understand Wi-Fi networking and theory of operation
- Understand the OSI model and have experience with ethernet routing, forwarding and bridging
- Working knowledge of Python, Bash, Makefile
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment, particularly Linux shell and networking utilities
- Experience in using static analysis and automated testing tools.
- Experience with system profiling and performance analysis
- Experience using a spectrum analyzer
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate, and invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine, Bay Area & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK), Hangzhou (China), Taipei (Taiwan) and Tokyo (Japan).
What it's like to work at Morse Micro:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, including barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
Check out what it is like to work with us:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Senior Software Engineer - Embedded.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.