Communications Systems Engineer
Are you passionate about the science behind wireless systems? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
As a Communication Systems Engineer, you will be working with the Systems team that will define the performance of Morse Micro’s chips on various factors. The primary focus would be on the implementation of various PHY algorithms in MATLAB, C and RTL. You will experience implementations of wireless systems in real world applications.
As a member of the Systems team, you will have the opportunity to work with other technical teams ranging from RF/Analog, VLSI, Firmware/Software, Board, etc., and across various phases of IC development.
Starting date for this role would be immediately.
What we’re looking for:
- Masters or PhD graduates with a degree in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- 2+ years industry experience
- A strong interest, and any prior work, in subjects like Digital Communications, Digital Signal Processing, Analog circuits, Mathematics, Digital Signal Processors/General Microprocessors and Computer/Mobile Networks
- A good understanding of wireless and communication systems involving Modulation and Demodulation techniques, Channel Equalization, Digital filters, Coding Theory, etc
- A good understanding of programming languages/tools such as MATLAB, C and Python
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux development environment
- Familiarity with Digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with Fixed and Floating point systems
- Familiarity with Signal Generators and Analyzers, and general lab environment
- Familiarity with GNURadio, OFDM and/or 802.11/Bluetooth/Cellular systems is highly desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a keen interest on numbers, formulae and presentation
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- The capacity to think for oneself
- System design & modelling
- Verification and optimisation of design across MATLAB, C, RTL and on real chips
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
- Debug of chip functional and performance problems
- Characterisation of various circuits, algorithms and overall chip performance across various factors
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine, Bay Area & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China), Taipei (Taiwan) and Tokyo (Japan).
Check out what it's like to work at Morse Micro:
What we offer:
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Communication Systems Engineer.