Head of IT
Are you an experienced IT Manager, looking for an exciting role in a fast-paced deep-tech startup as the Head of IT? Do you have a solid understanding of both on-prem and cloud network infrastructure, high-performance Linux computing and know what it takes to manage a small team of IT professionals?
Then join Morse Micro, Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor company as Head of IT, reporting directly to the CEO & Founder. Morse Micro is a 175-person VC-backed startup building the next generation of Wi-Fi chips that will revolutionize the Internet of Things (IoT). Think of ultra-low power Wi-Fi chips that reach 10x further and cover 1000x the volume of conventional Wi-Fi deployments.
This position is located in Sydney, Australia and is available immediately. This role offers unique opportunities such as working with High Performance Cloud Computing technologies, large on-prem multi-site networking environments and cutting-edge devops automation.
You’ll be responsible for leading a small team of IT professionals in a dynamic, fast-paced & fun environment. You will set the direction and have the scope to grow the team and make this role your own!
Main Responsibilities include:
- Lead and grow a team of IT professionals
- Define and deliver on IT strategy, incl cost planning & control
- Provide best-in-class IT experience to a global team - make Morse staff love IT
- Building, maintaining and perfecting Morse Micro’s AWS Slurm cloud infrastructure
- Maintenance and monitoring of RHEL / Centos / Ubuntu cloud servers
- Cyber Security reviews & implementation of intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Ad-hoc Linux / Windows / Mac support for users where required
- Being a solid leader
Essential skills (you must have these skills to be considered):
- 10+ years experience in a similar role
- AWS experience, in particular with EC2 and FSx
- Strong Linux know-how, in particular with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Centos guru
- Deep understanding of network infrastructure & security
- IT infrastructure know-how (eg Meraki firewalls & switches, Unifi WiFi APs or similar)
- Scripting experience with Bash & Python
- Working knowledge of git
Bonus skills (if you have these, you can stand out among the crowd but don’t sweat it if you don’t):
- Experience with Slurm or IBM Spectrum LSF or any HPC technologies
- Experience with X2Go and/or NoMachine virtual desktop software
- Experience with continuous integration implementations on Bitbucket
- Experience with Google workspaces
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine, Bay Area & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China), Taipei (Taiwan) and Tokyo (Japan).
Check out what it is like to work at Morse Micro:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, including barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Head of IT.
Something looks off?