Senior Field Applications Engineer [Shenzhen, China]
Are you an experienced and innovative applications engineer with a passion for cutting-edge technology? Are you excited about the idea of working with a dynamic and fast-growing company? If so, then Morse Micro has the perfect opportunity for you!
As our Senior Field Application Engineer (Hardware/RF background), you will be responsible for supporting customer from application concept, hardware system design, our chip/module bring-up and mass production. You will report to the FAE Manager in Hangzhou and will work closely with the Embedded Software team in Sydney. You will be the first point of contact for our customers in the region, bridging the gap between Australia and China. Your main focus will be on our Wi-Fi HaLow chip related hardware/RF development and support.
As one of Morse Micro’s key employees in China, you will play a key role in the growth of the company.
- Development of reference designs with Morse Micro’s chips and modules.
- Assist customers with design review, bring-up, chip integration, and HW/RF related debugging and testing.
- Collect/evaluate technical inputs from customers.
- Communicate with the chip, hardware, and software design teams in Sydney
- Hardware/RF Engineering with 7~15 years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- BSc or MSc in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related domains
- Experienced with hardware system/board design, bring-up, testing and mass production.
- Experienced with wireless RF related design, debugging and testing.
- Experienced with hardware/RF related instruments like oscilloscope, spectrum Analyzer, vectoring network analyzer, wireless protocol analyzer, etc.
- Experienced with modern HW design toolchains like Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro, Mentor PADS, etc.
- Good understanding of embedded low level driver software design and debugging.
- Good understanding of the IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi protocol
- Familiarity with SI analysis/simulation, and SPICE related tools.
- Familiarity with FPGA and IC design flows from Xilinx, Cadence or Synopsys and digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as git
- Strong problem-solving skills and thorough methodical work style
- Willing to travel within China and to Sydney, Australia
- A hands-on, practical attitude
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine, Bay Area & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China), Taipei (Taiwan) and Tokyo (Japan).
Check out what it is like to work at Morse Micro:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Senior Field Applications Engineer [Shenzhen, China].