Senior Communications Systems Engineer
Are you ready to take the lead in shaping the future of wireless communications? Morse Micro is seeking a passionate and talented Senior Communications Systems Engineer to join our exceptional team. If you thrive in a dynamic and innovative environment and have a deep understanding of communication systems, this is an extraordinary opportunity to make your mark in the wireless technology revolution!
Morse Micro is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
As a Senior Communications Systems Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing and optimizing advanced wireless communication systems, helping to shape the future of wireless technology. This role is based in the vibrant city of Sydney, Australia.
- Complete Design cycle from idea to mass production
- System design & modeling of WLAN Physical layer
- Design of algorithms to compensate for and calibrate Analog and RF imperfections
- Work with Analog and RTL Design teams to transition from MATLAB/C to RTL
- Cycle and Bit Accurate verification between C and RTL (or other methods)
- Chip bring up on bench, with adequate knowledge of required instruments
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
- Debug of chip functional and performance problems
Required Skills & Experience
- Masters or PhD graduates with a degree in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- 5+ years industry experience
- A deep understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, channel equalization, digital filters, calibration of direct conversion radios, etc)
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++ and experience with MATLAB or Python for simulation and modeling.
- Proficient in modeling algorithms in Matlab/C/C++, using fixed point arithmetic
- Experience of chip bringup will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- Experience with bringing up complex mixed-signal chips in a lab environment
- Experience in Instrumentation Automation for lab and production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- The capacity to think for oneself and a good team player
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
What it's like to work at Morse Micro:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl. barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Senior Communication Systems Engineer.