RF DVT Engineer
Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s largest semiconductor company. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
As our RF DVT Engineer you will be responsible for bench evaluation and validation of the silicon chips designed at Morse Micro. You will be checking that our chips meet all functional and performance specifications. This will involve working closely with the design engineers to understand and debug designs.
Morse Micro is Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor company that is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
- Validation of circuits against design specifications
- Creation of comprehensive test plans
- Compilation of test reports detailing measurement procedures and results
- Automation of bench test equipment
- Support of product engineers for characterisation, correlation & production test
- Close collaboration and co-location with design engineers for circuit debug and evaluation
- Support QA programs; ESD, Burn In, Latch up etc
What we’re looking for:
- Wireless test engineer with 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience taking wireless chips to mass production
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communications Engineering
- A good understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, receiver, transmitter, PLL etc)
- Experience taking bench measurements such as; noise figure, EVM, distortion etc.
- A good understanding of programming/scripting languages such as Python and ability to automate bench measurements
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux environment
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Familiarity with FPGA and IC design flows from Xilinx, Cadence or Synopsys and digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and thorough methodical work style
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- The capacity to think for oneself
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Silicon Valley & Irvine (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK), Taipei (Taiwan) & Hangzhou (China).
What it's like to work at Morse Micro:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Income Protection Insurance
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl. barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next RF DVT Engineer.