Electronics Lab Technician (3-MONTH Contract)
Are you an experienced electronics lab technician who is familiar with testing and assembly? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices?
Morse Micro is Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor company that is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. You will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
As our Electronics Lab Technician you will be based at Morse Micro Headquarters in Sydney and play a key supportive role across all areas of lab operations, production, maintenance, and support functions by performing essential electronics technical lab work.
This role is required on a full-time basis, for 3-months between December 2023 - February 2024. Note the offices do not close over the holiday period (other than public holidays). There will be a possibility to extend in a casual capacity.
- Making components and assembling products in accordance with work instructions and provided training
- Assist in rework and modification tasks, including soldering activities and cable assembly
- Getting involved in all areas of lab and production operations including setup, maintenance and support activities, as-required
- Assist in receiving goods and other inventory management tasks, including serialisation, labelling processes, and stock-takes
- Contributing to best practice quality control and continuous improvement activities
- Update documentation where appropriate
- Provide feedback to improve processes and systems
- Previous experience as an Electronic Assembler with an electronic engineering or manufacturing background would be ideal
- Be familiar with SMT (surface mount) and T-H (through-hole) technologies and component polarities.
- Be able to solder to a high standard using leaded and non-leaded alloys, consistently.
- Be familiar with hand tools that are commonly used in electronic production (cutters, pliers, tweezers, wire strippers, screwdrivers etc)
- Have experience following testing procedures and using test jigs/fixtures (including running command line programs on the terminal via serial communications)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Reliable & punctual
Check out what it's like to work at Morse Micro:
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK), Taipei (Taiwan) and Hangzhou (China).
What we offer:
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
If you are interested in growing a deep-tech startup into a unicorn and getting the best out of a world-class engineering team, then send your resume and application letter to email@example.com and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Electronics Lab Technician.