MyPass Global is on a mission to empower safe, agile & connected communities.
Our vision is to become the ‘industry standard platform of record for workforce management and credentialing. Our vision transcends just one industry or geography, it speaks to building a global workforce management & credentialing system that is looked to for best practice in this space.
Our company values set the standard for the behaviours and mindset we expect from each and every “MyPasser”. Our values include:
BRING OUT THE BEST
We connect and empower people to build a safer future.
We strive to create a positive and enduring impact, no matter how small.
CHALLENGE THE NORM
We pursue innovation by practising curiosity and always asking ‘why’.
We challenge assumptions by seeking opportunities for growth and improvement.
TREAT PEOPLE WELL
We treat our customers, employees and partners as equals.
We foster meaningful relationships through trust, compassion and respect.
WALK THE WALK
We are accountable for our goals, actions and collective vision.
We work with integrity and are true to our word, fostering a culture of open communication.
Position Title - Frontend Engineer
Business Unit - Engineering Team
Location - Australia/Global
Reporting To Engineering Manager
Position Purpose Statement
The key purpose of the Frontend Developer role at MyPass is to design, develop and maintain the user interface of MyPass's web and mobile applications. The Frontend Developer will work closely with the design and product teams to ensure that the user interface is visually appealing, intuitive and responsive and meets the needs and requirements of MyPass's users. The Frontend Developer will be responsible for implementing and testing new features, optimising the performance of the user interface, and ensuring that the application is accessible and meets web standards. Additionally, the Frontend Developer will collaborate with the backend team to integrate the frontend with the backend and contribute to the overall technical strategy and roadmap of the MyPass application.
● Develop new web portals and systems utilizing React, Typescript, Material UI, and Webpack tools and frameworks.
● Provide project estimates to the Project Manager and ensure they are maintained.
● Implement sound and secure software development methods and maintain software according to OWASP and NIST standards.
● Collaborate with the greater MyPass Development Team to meet tight time frames and deliverables.
● Design, develop and manage software solutions as part of the MyPass environment
Process and Procedures
● Utilize software development processes established within MyPass and directed by the CTO and Technical Leads.
● Conduct peer reviews of team members' work, including:
- Project design and structure
- Project documentation and organisation
- Source code, structure, and comments
● Keep up-to-date with Java-based technologies, including React and other relevant technologies and frameworks utilized by MyPass systems
● Set a positive example for your team and the wider MyPass team by adhering to our policies, standards, and operational procedures
● Promptly address any performance issues and ensure that the necessary feedback, guidance, and support are provided for appropriate resolution
Essential Skills and Attributes
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
● Proven track record of software development from concept to delivery
● Strong technical background with at least 5 years of software development experience
● Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs and utilizing microservices software frameworks like SpringBoot
● Ability to develop and implement Java web applications using React based on design requirements
● Familiarity with Source Code Versioning repositories and patterns is advantageous
● Familiarity with Amazon platforms is advantageous
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
● Familiarity with iOS and Android technologies such as Swift and Kotlin is advantageous
● Willingness to learn and apply new methodologies, platforms, and products as required is desirable
● A mature and process-oriented approach to software development is advantageous
● Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning new technologies and staying current with the rapidly evolving technology industry
● Possess a keen eye for design and meticulous attention to detail
● Ability to anticipate potential long-term issues and problems while also building for immediate needs
● Self-sufficient while still able to work effectively within a team
● Capacity to grow as an individual and eventually lead others as the team expands
Measures of Success
The key measures for this role include but are not limited to:
● Projects delivered to a high standard, quality and design
● Projects delivered to time and budgetary estimations
● Feedback from internal and external stakeholders regarding service from the team
● Uptime and functional stability of solutions deployed and in production
● Interactivity with other members of the broader Engineering Team
Something looks off?