Embedded Software Engineer
Looking for a job that is out of this world?
Do you see opportunity everywhere, in anywhere connectivity?
At Myriota we see a world made better through seamless access to critical data, anywhere and everywhere it’s needed. Our mission is audacious yet simple…. unlock better outcomes for people and planet, through simple, affordable access to data, anywhere.
Myriota is the place where the Internet of Things (IoT) meets Space! We make anywhere connectivity possible through our patented direct-to-satellite technology. Unlike traditionally expensive, power draining satellite solutions, our capabilities are designed for the demands of IoT, namely secure, low-cost, low maintenance and really (really) long-battery-life.
One more thing… It works today. This is why our solutions are profitably unlocking vital use cases across a range of industries including agriculture, environmental monitoring, transport, logistics, maritime and defence.
We are on a mission to light up the world and are proud to be pioneers at the forefront of the “new” space industry. As our partners and business opportunities go global we’re excited to hire an Embedded Software Engineer to join us.
Myriota is looking for a new Embedded Software Engineer to join Myriota’s energetic and creative engineering team. We’re looking for the right person to help us in the development and manufacture of our industry-changing IoT platform. You will play a key role in architecting and designing solutions to satisfy our customers' needs. You will have both strong technical expertise and the ability to thrive in an exciting startup environment.
What we’ll trust you with
- Developing firmware for Myriota’s embedded IoT hardware platform
- Contribute to the development of Myriota’s Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Participate in architecting next generation embedded IoT platforms to drive improved features, lower power consumption and reduced cost
- Assist in hardware bring-up, testing, and debugging
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Developed embedded applications and drivers for ARM embedded systems in C/C++
- Knowledge of IoT communication protocols and standards.
- Worked with build systems and scripting languages e.g. GNU make, bash, python etc.
- Strong understanding of real-time operating systems
- Worked with embedded hardware and lab equipment (oscilloscopes, etc)
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Ability to read Electronics design schematics and layout
- Knowledge of radio technologies gained from any of the following areas: WiFi, LoRa, WiMax, LTE, 5G, LoRa, satellite IoT, LTE-M1, NB-IoT
- Systems Engineering methodology (Requirements, Verification & Validation)
- Energetic, agile and creative problem solver who seeks simple solutions
- Analytical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to identify and mitigate risks
- Self-reliant and resourceful with strong initiative, yet able to work in a team
- Ability to work autonomously while communicating progress regularly
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Results focussed, with strong drive and determination
- Able to work under pressure and to deliver to deadlines
Computer science, Software, Electronics or similar engineering degree or technical qualification.
What you might like about us
- Equity : We are in-it-together. Together we can build something special, something that delivers better outcomes for our people and the planet, and something we all have a stake in.
- Flexibility : flexible work means that our people are able to achieve a balance between work-life priorities. This includes support for how our people maintain health and wellbeing, parent or care for others, study or pursue personal interests.
- Empowerment : you are trusted to work independently and do what you say you will do.
- Fun : you’ll find a camaraderie at Myriota thats second to none. We help each other, we strive for the same betterment, and we like to have fun throughout!
- Mental Wellbeing : we provide you with support to navigate your mental health.
- Take your birthday off - it’s on us!
Share our values?
This is the attitude that shapes our bold vision and hunger for innovation. It’s the way we see the world and what drives us to redefine complex IoT communications.
As much as we dream big for our company, we understand success relies on keeping things simple. In this fast-moving, technology-driven market of ever-increasing complexity, our practical approach is what sets us apart from the rest.
Keep It Real
Born from a genuine desire to connect remote areas that were previously left behind, our wish to create change for good still guides us in all areas of our business. Accuracy in project reporting and feeling comfortable to flag and resolve issues.
In It Together
Connection is part of Myriota’s DNA. It’s not only what we do, it’s how we do it. We have real empathy for our customers and work with them to create affordable, custom solutions for their business challenges. Working across projects and teams to produce an awesome outcome for the business.
Join our mission to make data accessible to everyone
If you’re passionate about working closely with customers to help them create innovative high value solutions and are looking to join one of Australia’s most exciting companies please forward your resume and cover note using the apply button above. No agencies please.
Myriota is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive workplace that values each employees’ unique talents, experiences and perspectives.