Senior Software Engineer In Test
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our Senior Software Engineer in Test you will collaborate with our product and engineering teams to improve platform testing and test automation. You will be a key custodian of our product's quality and ensure that all code being pushed into production is thoroughly tested. As a senior member of the team, you will be required to mentor other engineers in best practices as well.
As part of this you will be required to:
- Contribute to planning and design
- Review product code
- Formulate test scenarios
- Develop test automation frameworks
- Automate test scenarios using the frameworks
- Use software design patterns where appropriate
- Set up, maintain and own Neara’s testing infrastructure
- Manage the complexity and performance of large test datasets
- Set up dashboards for reporting test results in real time
- Teach others good quality and testing practices
- Develop tools to assist manual and exploratory testing
WHO YOU ARE
You have a demonstrable background in and understanding of software test engineering, software development, software architecture, and implementing software test frameworks. In addition to this, you’ve had significant experience in coding, developing test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, troubleshooting and debugging. Tertiary qualifications in computer science or similar advantageous, but not required.
You have or will demonstrate the ability to be:
- Strong grasp of software engineering principles, test automation and driving quality t
- Familiar with test driven development (TDD) and behaviour driven development (BDD)
- Familiar with testing tools like Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, Browserstack, and Sauce Labs
- Proficient in conducting performance tests using tools (for example JMeter, BlazeMeter, Loadster, Locust etc.)
- Familiar with Integrating automated tests into CI/CD with build tools like Bazel, BuildKite, Bash/Python scripts
- Proficient in one or more back end languages such as Java, Kotlin, Python, Node.js or Golang
- Familiar with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Proficient with at least one cloud provider - AWS, Azure or GCP
WHO WE ARE
Neara is a high-growth, venture-backed Series B stage climate-tech company headquartered in Sydney, Australia. We work with 75% of the utilities in Australia and New Zealand and are growing rapidly across the US and Europe.
Our mission is to help utilities future-proof their infrastructure and prepare for anything — from systematic risks to severe weather and a clean energy future, so that they can protect their assets, teams, and communities. Utilities count on our 3D digital network model to simulate hundreds of variables to help them understand how their network will respond to any scenario and prepare accordingly.
We’re proud to be helping utilities accelerate their clean energy transition by removing some of the biggest blockers to their decarbonization goals. With Neara, utilities can 2x their network capacity to make room for more clean energy, accelerate new transmission design by 85%, and reduce their carbon footprint by replacing field visits with stunningly accurate digital network surveys.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Significant opportunity for career development and acceleration
- A dynamic environment, exceptional leadership team and high-performance culture
- A centrally located office, minutes from Redfern train station
Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights. All applicants will receive an update on their application within 7-10 working days.
No agencies or third party service providers please.