Senior / Lead Machine Learning Engineer
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Senior or Lead Machine Learning Engineer, you will create optimized, state of the art 3D graphical user interfaces and build physics simulation engines that scale across millions of assets.
As part of this, you will:
- Develop approaches to generate accurate models from imperfect data using deep learning and classical algorithms
- Develop approaches for intelligent network scale insights
- Develop and optimize training pipelines
- Develop data structures that can perform in real-time with user interaction on large underlying data sets
- Work with a variety of data sources, including LiDAR, aerial photography & photogrammetry, and structured data.
- Put your software engineering skills to the test in organizing functionality for many use cases in a complex domain (this is not an "on click button, send RPC" kind of application)
- Mentor other engineers in best practices
WHO YOU ARE
You are a Senior / Lead Machine Learning Engineer with a strong background in software development and machine learning coupled with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent). You have a superb working knowledge of Python and C++ (Java is a plus). Most of all, you’re passionate about Machine Learning and building best-in-class, complex software solutions. Lastly, you're an expert in Deep Learning and can bring new ideas to the business on how best to solve our customers' unique problems in our software platform.
WHO WE ARE
Neara is a high-growth, venture-backed Series B stage climate-tech company headquartered in Sydney, Australia. We work with 75% of the utilities in Australia and New Zealand and are growing rapidly across the US and Europe.
Our mission is to help utilities future-proof their infrastructure and prepare for anything — from systematic risks to severe weather and a clean energy future, so that they can protect their assets, teams, and communities. Utilities count on our 3D digital network model to simulate hundreds of variables to help them understand how their network will respond to any scenario and prepare accordingly.
We’re proud to be helping utilities accelerate their clean energy transition by removing some of the biggest blockers to their decarbonization goals. With Neara, utilities can 2x their network capacity to make room for more clean energy, accelerate new transmission design by 85%, and reduce their carbon footprint by replacing field visits with stunningly accurate digital network surveys.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary + ESOP
- Career development & growth opportunities
- Flexible hours & working arrangements
- Awesome work culture
- Complex, meaningful products & real world problems
Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights. All applicants will receive an update on their application within 7-10 working days.
No agencies or third party service providers please.
Something looks off?