Senior Software Engineer
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our Senior Software Engineer you will be designing and implementing product features and services that use machine learning in our critical infrastructure, digital twin platform. You will also exercise collaboration in a cross-functional team environment, with our product and engineering teams to improve platform machine learning capabilities and translate product/business problems into machine learning solutions. As a senior member of the team, you will be required to mentor other engineers in best practices as well.
As part of this you will be required to:
- Write production-quality code to support our machine learning systems
- Build and operate pipelines for accessing and enriching data for machine learning
- Build simulation engines that scale across millions of assets
- Develop algorithms to generate accurate models from imperfect data
- Develop data structures that can perform in real-time with user interaction on large underlying data sets
- Work with a variety of data sources, including LiDAR, aerial photography & photogrammetry,
- Work on real-time collaboration & live update algorithms
- Put your software engineering skills to the test in organizing functionality for many use cases in a complex domain (this is not an "on click button, send RPC" kind of application)
- Work and develop new features/products as the company grows
WHO YOU ARE
You’re degree qualified in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar. You have a minimum of 5 years experience as a software engineer under your belt and are also knowledgeable about technology stacks, the web, mobile, security, system infrastructure and have the ability (and desire) to learn new technology quickly. You have also demonstrated significant contribution or leadership on a complicated technical project or product.
You have or will demonstrate the ability to be:
- Proficient with AWS, GCP
- Strong grasp of software engineering principles and trade-offs
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Strong mathematical reasoning ability - mathematics / engineering background a plus
WHO WE ARE
Neara is a high-growth, venture-backed Series B stage climate-tech company headquartered in Sydney, Australia. We work with 75% of the utilities in Australia and New Zealand and are growing rapidly across the US and Europe.
Our mission is to help utilities future-proof their infrastructure and prepare for anything — from systematic risks to severe weather and a clean energy future, so that they can protect their assets, teams, and communities. Utilities count on our 3D digital network model to simulate hundreds of variables to help them understand how their network will respond to any scenario and prepare accordingly.
We’re proud to be helping utilities accelerate their clean energy transition by removing some of the biggest blockers to their decarbonization goals. With Neara, utilities can 2x their network capacity to make room for more clean energy, accelerate new transmission design by 85%, and reduce their carbon footprint by replacing field visits with stunningly accurate digital network surveys.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary + ESOP
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Awesome work culture
- The opportunity to work on complex, meaningful products and real world problems
Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights. All applicants will receive an update on their application within 7-10 working days.
No agencies or third party service providers please.