Director, Technical Sales (Utilities)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our Director, Technical Sales for Neara in the UK, you will be responsible for providing our customers with expert consulting and advice and assisting the team in achieving our strategic targets and growth objectives in Europe. You will actively manage and grow relationships with new and exisiting clients at different seniority levels, and you will need to have extensive experience in the utility sector. You will be reporting to the SVP & General Manager for Europe with whom you will be working closely to achieve targets for the UK market.
As part of this you will be required to:
- Conduct client discovery calls alongside the SVP and Sales Executives
- Meeting with clients to discuss their unique problems and develop commercially viable, pragmatic solutions to help solve these in our software platform
- Strategise with the sales team to create customised solutions and address unique customer and market needs.
- Draft and deliver technical demonstrations in the sales process and beyond.
- Design, develop and deliver proofs of concept to customers to demonstrate platform capability.
- Post sale, provide the implementations and customer success teams with expert consulting and advice.
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Supporting the sales team with all technical related queries.
WHO YOU ARE
You have a minimum of 5 years experience working in the Power & Utility space and have an expert understanding of the unique challenges our customers face. You will need to be highly technical and conversant with concepts pertaining to power utilities operations, asset management, geospatial mapping and Lidar.
You have or will demonstrate the ability to be:
- Expert knowledge in utilities operations and maintenance, preferably with a sound working knowledge of geospatial solutions and Lidar.
- A problem solver through and through, you consider all the angles and offer sound, practical and effective solutions.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and you're able to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- You're highly tech savvy and you know your way around asset management / geospatial / lidar software solutions.
- You're commercially astute and you understand what problems power utilities customers need to solve to operate effectively.
- You're excellent with data and ideally have strong python / JSON / SQL knowledge.
WHO WE ARE
Neara is a high-growth, venture-backed Series B stage climate-tech company headquartered in Sydney, Australia. We work with 75% of the utilities in Australia and New Zealand and are growing rapidly across the US and Europe.
Our mission is to help utilities future-proof their infrastructure and prepare for anything — from systematic risks to severe weather and a clean energy future, so that they can protect their assets, teams, and communities. Utilities count on our 3D digital network model to simulate hundreds of variables to help them understand how their network will respond to any scenario and prepare accordingly.
We’re proud to be helping utilities accelerate their clean energy transition by removing some of the biggest blockers to their decarbonization goals. With Neara, utilities can 2x their network capacity to make room for more clean energy, accelerate new transmission design by 85%, and reduce their carbon footprint by replacing field visits with stunningly accurate digital network surveys.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Awesome work culture
- The opportunity to work on complex, meaningful products and real world problems
Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights. All applicants will receive an update on their application within 7-10 working days.
No agencies or third party service providers please.
Something looks off?