Graduate Software Engineer
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Looking for a graduate software engineering opportunity? Look no further! We're passionate about hiring, training and developing engineering talent. As a Neara Junior Software Engineer you will be designing and implementing product features and services that use machine learning in our critical infrastructure, digital twin platform. You will also exercise collaboration in a cross-functional team environment, with our product and engineering teams to solve product and business problems.
We will teach you how to:
- Write production-quality code to support our machine learning systems
- Build and operate pipelines for accessing and enriching data for machine learning
- Build simulation engines that scale across millions of assets
- Develop algorithms to generate accurate models from imperfect data
- Develop data structures that can perform in real-time with user interaction on large underlying data sets
- Work with a variety of data sources, including LiDAR, aerial photography & photogrammetry,
- Work on real-time collaboration & live update algorithms
- Put your software engineering skills to the test in organizing functionality for many use cases in a complex domain (this is not an "on click button, send RPC" kind of application)
- Work and develop new features/products as the company grows
WHO YOU ARE
You’re degree qualified in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechatronics, Mathematics or similar). You are or will demonstrate the ability to become:
- Proficient with AWS, GCP
- Proficient in software engineering principles and trade-offs
- Proficient in algorithms and data structures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
WHO WE ARE
Neara is a high-growth, venture-backed Series B, tech company headquartered in Sydney. We work with 75% of the utilities in Australia and New Zealand and are growing rapidly across the US and Europe. Our mission is to revolutionise the utilities industry by helping them future-proof their infrastructure and navigate the challenges of the clean energy transition. Our 3D digital network model enables utilities to simulate various scenarios and make informed decisions to protect their assets and communities.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful Equity
- Hybrid Max Environment, we have a fully stocked office (and impressive snack collection) if you want it, we're in Redfern! But you can work from your home when you see fit. You make the decision.
- Regular office events
- The real benefit is working on a genuinely complex, innovative and industry leading product making a genuine difference in the world around us.
To apply, please use the online application link below. Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We will endeavour to give you an update on your application within 7-10 working days.
Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights to be considered for the role. Unfortunately we are not in a position to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
** No agencies or third party service providers please **