Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack)
As our Senior Software Engineer you will be designing and implementing product features and services that use machine learning in our critical infrastructure, digital twin platform. You will also exercise collaboration in a cross-functional team environment, with our product and engineering teams to improve platform machine learning capabilities and translate product/business problems into machine learning solutions. As a senior member of the team, you will be required to mentor other engineers in best practices as well.
Some of the things you will contribute to:
- Writing production-quality code to support our machine learning systems
- Building and operating pipelines for accessing and enriching data for machine learning
- Building simulation engines that scale across millions of assets
- Developing algorithms to generate accurate models from imperfect data
- Developing data structures that can perform in real-time with user interaction on large underlying data sets
- Working with a variety of data sources, including LiDAR, aerial photography & photogrammetry,
- Working on real-time collaboration & live update algorithms
- Putting your software engineering skills to the test in organising functionality for many use cases in a complex domain (this is not an "on click button, send RPC" kind of application)
- Working and developing new features/products as the company grows
- Software engineering principles and trade-offs
- Algorithms and data structures
- Mathematical reasoning ability - mathematics / engineering background a plus
- Java, C++, Python
- React, Angular, or Vue
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful Equity
- Hybrid Max Environment (work from office / home or a blend of the two). We have a fully stocked office (and impressive snack collection) in Redfern.
- Regular office events
- The real benefit is working on a genuinely complex, innovative and industry leading product making a genuine difference in the world around us.
To apply, please use the online application link below. Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We will endeavour to give you an update on your application within 7-10 working days.
Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights to be considered for the role. Unfortunately we are not in a position to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
** No agencies or third party service providers please **