Neara is a high-growth, venture-backed Series B tech company headquartered in Sydney, Australia. We work with 75% of the utilities in Australia and New Zealand and are growing rapidly across the US and Europe. Neara’s mission is to empower organisations by bringing them closer to their assets, environment, and business through intelligent software solutions. Our 3D digital network models enable electric utilities to simulate various scenarios, make informed decisions to protect assets and communities, and navigate the challenges of the energy transition.
We are excited to hire Neara’s Financial Controller. Based at our Sydney head office, this will be a hands-on position and will require somebody who is able to work at both a strategic level with the executive team, board and investors, as well as get into the operational details of the business. As a key member of the finance team, you will also work closely with our global teams in the US and Europe to assist with bookkeeping, taxation and statutory reporting. You will spearhead process enhancements which elevate operational efficiency, balancing commerciality and pragmatism.
If you're a strategic thinker with a proven track record in financial control, capital raising, and stakeholder management, we would love to hear from you.
Some of the things you will contribute to:
- Lead the management accounting and financial reporting processes across our entities in Australia, the US and Europe.
- Provide analytics, reports and financial insights support to the strategic planning and decision making process.
- Contribute to and develop strategies for capital raises and funding options, maintaining strong investor relations.
- Prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in accordance with regulatory and industry requirements (familiarity with USA, UK and AU statutory requirements highly advantageous).
- Improve the quality of board reporting.
- Conduct financial analysis, and support the team with budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling activities.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in resolving billing and payment discrepancies, maintaining accurate records of financial transactions in the accounting system.
- Balance risk and reward effectively to optimise financial outcomes for the business.
Some attributes we highly regard:
- CMA/CA/CPA qualified with significant experience working within scaling tech / SaaS organisations at a global level.
- Previous experience within Big 4 Audit or strong technical experience in a complex corporate environment with multiple entities is ideal.
- Demonstrated success in enhancing financial performance and establishing robust controls and streamlined processes.
- Exposure to investor relations, capital raises and due diligence are highly advantageous.
- Literate with International Financial Reporting (USA, UK and AU Specifically).
- Commercially astute with the ability to understand the impacts and practical implications of recommendations and reports.
- Outstanding communicator and relationship builder, who can network and influence effectively at all levels of an organisation.
- Exposure to the utilities, energy or renewables industries is a plus.
Some of the benefits we have on offer:
- Join a scaling Series-B SaaS scaleup that is poised for growth and backed by some of the best in class VC funds.
- Excellent opportunity to step into a leadership role and play a key strategic role in the growth and evolution of our business.
- Competitive salary and ESOP.
- Flexible working arrangements with a fantastic, well-stocked office in Redfern.
To apply, please use the online application link below. Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We will endeavour to give you an update on your application within 7-10 working days.
Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights to be considered for the role. Unfortunately we are not in a position to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
** No agencies or third party service providers please **
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.